Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 VLX Intermittent Stereo Problem - turns off periodically

gobears

Hi All,

Just joined the Malibu Crew since I bought a 2005 VLX. Took the family out for the first time yesterday and we had a blast, except....

The Stereo would work for a few minutes, and then turn off suddenly. If I hit the source button on the Sony Remote Commander on the dash, it would turn on again, for a few minutes...

I am wondering how to fix this, and hoping I don't have to replace the remote control and head unit.

Hopefully its just a fuse or circuit breaker problem, or maybe a loose connection.

Any advice / help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

~Bruce

If the head unit is under the armrest door, make sure the door is not pushing its buttons as they say. Could be a loose connection anywhere along the 3 power wires or an issue inside the head unit. You can unplug the remote to make sure its not the cause. 

Great suggestions, I will give it a try when it stops raining. 

Part of me just wants to replace the head unit anyway, so I can get a BlueTooth connection.