Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blowing fuse on inj/ecm

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my 99 response lx, has an indmar 350 mpfi. I seem to have a dead short which blows the ecm/inj fuse at key on. Boat started loading up if idled for a long period and smoked blacked sitting at idle last year. J pulled the injectors and cleaned them along with fuel filters and complete fluid service and impeller. I went to put it in the other day and it will turn over but not run. No pressure on the rail, no pump running, dug into to it and found the fuse blown. Also changed the relay for the fp. Not really sure where to go next, thinking it may have a bad ecm, any suggestions would be great thanks in advance.

is that rig fuel injected?

assuming it is since you mentioned ecm/inj fuse.

i'd start by pulling connectors that are sourced by that fuse: injectors, fuel pump relay, ign coil, ecm then replacing the fuse w a new one.

if the fuse holds up then it isn't the sourced side of the harness.

re-install each of those loads, one at a time, and see if any pop the fuse.

The things that are powered by ign/inj fuse are: 1) the coil on the fuel pump relay,  2) the positive side of the injectors (via 2 wires),  3) the primary (12V) side of the ign. coil,   4) terminal #7 on the TAC connector (if you have one),  and 5) terminal J2-19 (ign feed) on the ECM.

Ok guys I had some time to get back to the problem child and discovered I caused the problem. I had removed the injectors to clean them and apparently when I reinstalled the hold down bolt for the fuel rail I knicked the injector wires with the allen wrench. I appreciate the help