Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Contact for Malibu Corp- Warranty issue floor hatch

reggie

Hi Crew,

Well I have shared it before that my floor is very soft and due to my location and proximity to a dealer, I have been very patient with any moves to get it fixed. However, the hatch is now to the point, that it is a safety issue.  I want to reach out to Malibu directly, however, the website contact page is not working for me.  Does anyone have an email for a good contact to discuss getting my floor hatch covering the drive shaft, exhaust etc at Malibu corporate replaced?

Thanks for your time!

floor hatch1

_loor.hatch2

Start with the area factory rep. Just ask the dealer for the name and contact info. A) the factory would bring them in the loop anyway B) its the reps job anyway. 

10 hours ago, MLA said:

Start with the CS number at Malibu. 865 458 5478.

FIFY. Sales rep sells boats, he doesn't get them fixed. All he will do it direct you to CS.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • 2 weeks later...

Reggie, were you successful with a satifactory result? Mine is the same as your picture and I contacted my dealer a year or 2 ago with no result. I added a brace underneath but had a big guy step hard on the the hatch late last year and am need of multiple braces or a replacement.

Thanks for your help!

Ibelieve.   Yes, they are sending me one direct from the plant, nearest dealer is hours away, so I called Corp and they stepped up...hope you have better luck!

I don't have an issue working directly with Corp ... they are often easier than trying to go thru a dealer. My first Malibu was back when Malibu was not that big and the folks at Corp were always going out of their way to help. My dealer is over 3 hours away.

Thanks for the great info.

I called and was told replacement was not covered under the hull warranty as it is a removable item. I could not get a replacement cost estimate as they are a custom item built to the specific dimensions of the boat. I was told that several owners have built their own replacements out of wood as the cost of the honey unit gets a bit pricey.

6 hours ago, ibelieve said:

I called and was told replacement was not covered under the hull warranty as it is a removable item. I could not get a replacement cost estimate as they are a custom item built to the specific dimensions of the boat. I was told that several owners have built their own replacements out of wood as the cost of the honey unit gets a bit pricey.

I sure hope you would not dare put wood in there.  HDPE if you must, NOT WOOD.  

I had good luck with the contact link on the main page also. Got an email that my messages was being forwarded to the appropriate department and got a return email in a couple of days.