Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rookie build

granddaddy55

1st rule for rookies, get professional help or advice.  As @IXFE said let them build you the hard part like sub. 

Went there after calling to see if they would cut my sub hole in footwell and bench test all the stuff I got off eBay 

they were polite but on arrival they probably could have , didn’t, laugh as the salesman got the owner then the owner got the head build tech.  The entire time telling me this is why everybody trades up and why I have my used xs fa10. 

Were vibrating a 1/8 inch sheet of molded plastic instead of the air behind sub, no negative pressure generated (as my friend builder helping me put it)

brliw is the free air wall they made for me out of starboard.  They think the sub will do fine now that it’s moving air with its sound waves instead of vibrating the foot well

sldo you’ll see the acrylic ws420sq mount they put up fir me as well , no wiring just construction.  The acrylic was perfectly clear with its LED IN A groove at top facing down thru thickness of acrylic.  He convinced me to let him scuff the back like the frosted look of an RGB ring to increase the light transmitted and reflected thru the acrylic. 

I think the sub wall in white starboard will provide same effect as light from frosted RGB ring and led will light up the white board in color hue

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.756/posts/770700236455770

Edited by granddaddy55