Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sportster wake surfing

00Sportster

Hey There, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or past experience. We've had our 2000 Sportster for over a year now and while we almost always ski behind it other than occasionally some tubing for my kids. Just wondering if it is possible to surf behind my boat, if so what kind of setup worked for you ?

Thanks

You’ve asking for a lot but it’s definitely possible. 

800 across rear, 400 next to engine on surf side and suc gate made a wave, definitely for smaller/experienced drivers. Also make sure you have a very experienced driver as these boats are so shallow, also watch your fuel vent.

I surfed my 98 Sportster. It was before wake shapers and we had to get a crazy list on it. I didn't like other people driving it this way as it is very dangerous. Use a wake shaper for sure, but you will still have to list it to the surf side a bit. If you are using people as ballast make sure they know to level out the boat when your rider is down so it's easier to maneuver to pick up. If you are using ballast to list, turn to the listed side when going back to pick up a rider.

Also, use a large buoyant board.