Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds dsp with custom leds 17 lsv

JMVOTTO

After moving from exile ( which I loved) in my moomba to the malibu wetsounds  setup. I was extremely  surprised and happy with the clarity and output . Added an extra set of Malibu icon 8 s and had my local hi Fi sD6D6F8A9-08B6-4C80-8807-CA54B06179CF.thumb.jpeg.7aed0e4c4431d65728053c498b5b9a82.jpeghop install some pretty sleek and different leds.   No rings

trying to get video to upload . ?? E14E264E-13BF-49F6-A6BB-FC8D55DDDD46.movGrrr

BE580228-DC45-4459-9008-5F02340992B4.jpeg

BEB681F1-AF35-43DE-80AF-BE441B5BDBDB.jpeg

8B468F53-05A3-4DD4-A412-6E7981EE8221.jpeg

A6C09F24-EC99-4998-90F0-1AED6B34799D.jpeg

Edited by JMVOTTO
Uploads
  • Like 1

That's cool!  I wish I knew that was possible before I changed all my speakers out for Revo6's to get the LEDs built in....  Now I have a bunch of Malibu branded Revo6's that I am not using.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, billstephenson7362 said:

Wondering how this was done?  Wanting to do the same, but don’t have anyone locally that could do it, so will have to do it myself.

^^ 2nd that. Also curious what was used to add the light glow to the speakers.

The cone lights are nice but their really not that bright in a revo 6.  They make a very nice blend with added cup holder LEDS, for bow their perfect cause won’t be a visual impairment .  I think rings add a better glow through the large frosted rings , and light is designed to flow directly out on rings , that cone is behind center of speaker grill and is small in a Revo 6 and no where fir light to easily disburse as it is reflecting off a black surface , makes no sense ? When rings are frosted and white  fir light disbursing.  If rings were clear you’d see bright LED bulbs like cup holders and not as much glow 

his added cones in those Malibu  8 inch above are much brighter than WS factory cones 

Edited by granddaddy55

What did you use to glue the wires down?  I have read hot glue from some, others say it will melt.  Super glue with an additive was also suggested, even silicone.

Didn’t you have to glue down the wires also?  I get using the 3m self stick pads on the led light itself, but am guessing you have to glue the wire to the speaker grill to work it back down to the base?

No glue.  I just left the wires free behind the grills.  I have the RF grills on my 16 so you can’t see the wires with the grill covers on.  With the WS speakers you could probably hot glue the wires behind a spine of the grill.