Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21 VLX Bow Plug N Play

mxskier7

So although most people have been able to surf with the stock ballast tanks without the rope, it is time to add the 550's.   I assume when I order the pair from Wakemakers that it comes ready to be installed?   I have the Plug N Play on my boat so will it literally just plug right in?

Also, if I add a bow bag, does the bow also have a Plug n Play system to tap into or do I need to manually fill and drain the bag?    And does the bag just sit right on the top of the seating area?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mxskier7
year of boat missing
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 8:39 AM, mxskier7 said:

So although most people have been able to surf with the stock ballast tanks without the rope, it is time to add the 550's.   I assume when I order the pair from Wakemakers that it comes ready to be installed?   I have the Plug N Play on my boat so will it literally just plug right in?

Also, if I add a bow bag, does the bow also have a Plug n Play system to tap into or do I need to manually fill and drain the bag?    And does the bag just sit right on the top of the seating area?

Thanks in advance!

Yep, your plug n play bags from wakemakers will plug right in, nothing else required.  

No plug n play bag for the bow, although you will want to make sure you run a bow bag.  You will just have to do it the old fashion way and throw a pump over the side.

You could install a dedicated pump to fill a bow bag. I did this in a couple of my boats. If you’re gonna regularly run a bow sack this is the ideal set up. Throwing a pump over board gets old fast. 

This was on my 2016 23 LSV so this setup won’t necessarily work on the 21 VLX; you’d have to find a different place to route the water hose to. Perhaps the walkthrough. 

07A5FE84-905D-4EDC-ADA4-3E79590E8EA7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...