Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Taking Delivery of 24 MXZ on Friday - any gotcha's?

JustinH

Well, sold my '16 23 LSV and am moving on to a '18 24 MXZ on Friday.  Just curious if there is anything I should look out for, any surprises or changes?  The boats seem similar enough , but I am sure there are things I am not thinking of.......down to dumb things like where do you guys with the wake view bench seat put peoples shoes?  I used to put them in the tray under the center flip up seat on my LSV ;-) .

It's funny you mention the shoes.... that may be the thing I miss most about moving into the 2018 LSV. We're still a bit lost on that and ultimately put shoes in the small staging hatches at the back of the boat, although it's not convenient and sometimes gets wet back there.

Congrats on the new boat.

15 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

We'll be out on Folsom Friday afternoon/evening deep in the biggest cove on South Fork. You should swing by and let me spill beer in it! ;)

Team E, if you frequent that cove (I think its NY Creek) then you have seen me and my crew back there before, there are always 3-4 of us tied up at least every other weekend.  My old boat was sold to a friend so it will be out there, along with my new one if not Friday night then saturday for sure.  1 white axis, 1 orange tige, and two blue malibu's (my new one is blue glitter.  You are welcome to tie up and have a brew.

G, thank you!  those staging hatches you mention are the rear facing seats as you sit on the swim platform right?  Those dont have bins like they did in my LSV, they are directly exposed to the fat sac's (rear lockers) on my boat otherwise that is where I'd be putting shoes too.

Edited by JustinH
expanded response to gspot
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JustinH said:

Well, sold my '16 23 LSV and am moving on to a '18 24 MXZ on Friday.

From a fellow EDH & Folsom Lake boater, congrats on new boat.  Can you post some pictures?

New York Creek Cove on the South Fork is a great place to spill beer on your new boat!!!

• Like 1

Hey P6, I guess I dont have rights to attach photo's, but I dont really have any great ones to attach yet anyway.  I did update my avatar pic so you can get a sense of what it looks like.

ahopkins22LSV
15 hours ago, JustinH said:

Team E, if you frequent that cove (I think its NY Creek) then you have seen me and my crew back there before, there are always 3-4 of us tied up at least every other weekend.  My old boat was sold to a friend so it will be out there, along with my new one if not Friday night then saturday for sure.  1 white axis, 1 orange tige, and two blue malibu's (my new one is blue glitter.  You are welcome to tie up and have a brew.

G, thank you!  those staging hatches you mention are the rear facing seats as you sit on the swim platform right?  Those dont have bins like they did in my LSV, they are directly exposed to the fat sac's (rear lockers) on my boat otherwise that is where I'd be putting shoes too.

The bins are actually an option as ridiculous as that sounds. At least they are when we spec'd our new boat. Your dealer can probably get them for you. I think the MSRP was 2-300.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, G Spot said:

It's funny you mention the shoes.... that may be the thing I miss most about moving into the 2018 LSV. We're still a bit lost on that and ultimately put shoes in the small staging hatches at the back of the boat, although it's not convenient and sometimes gets wet back there.

Congrats on the new boat.

found that a safeway hand held basket fits nicely alongside the cooler and works well for shoes.

anyone have any issues removing the cooler without scraping the underside of the seat?  I am thinking I might have to remove the hinges on the cooler.

also that is one goofy trashbag size!

I always thought space on floor and to rear right of drivers seat and space wrapping forward of captains chair on right is best

nice upgrade 

Edited by granddaddy55