Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wheel upgrade - 2005 Boatmate

ilovetrains

My 2005 Boatmate has plan steel chrome wheels.  I am wanting to upgrade.  The size is 14x6 with 5x4.5 bolt pattern.  The bolt pattern is pretty common so am thinking about aftermarket wheels.  I cannot find anything with the original off set and spacing...but am wondering if something like this might work:

401512417237?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-inch-14x5-5-Vision-375-Warrior-Black-Machined-wheel-rim-5x4-5-5x114-3-0/401512417237?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any suggestions?

Edited by ilovetrains

Those might work, but you have to check if they are rated for the load of the trailer and the psi the tires are inflated to.

Interesting that the picture is of a 6-lug rim.

23 hours ago, MadMan said:

Those might work, but you have to check if they are rated for the load of the trailer and the psi the tires are inflated to.

Interesting that the picture is of a 6-lug rim.

I found it - they are actually listed as trailer wheels on their website, 2040 lb capacity, should be perfect.

http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/42755/375-warrior/

Edited by ilovetrains
found correct info
1 hour ago, MadMan said:

If it were me, I'd go ahead and bump up to the 15".

but then I would need to buy new tires as well.  found the wheels for 40 each shipped.  All 5 for 200 bucks.  Tires would be at least 450 more on top of that...

23 minutes ago, ilovetrains said:

but then I would need to buy new tires as well.  found the wheels for 40 each shipped.  All 5 for 200 bucks.  Tires would be at least 450 more on top of that...

I thought you were getting tires too....

6 minutes ago, MadMan said:

I thought you were getting tires too....

Put 5 new on not long ago.  Then looked at my original wheels..and was like...upgrade time...

Plastidip is always a cheap option to try for a new look.  We did our golf cart wheels.  Red underneath your boat may be cool to try.  And if you hate it, you are only out like 20 bucks.  Plus you don’t have to remount tires to new rims.  Just a thought....

I'm also looking at upgrading trailer wheels. Anyone have experience with this brand?

https://www.amazon.com/eCustomRim-Aluminum-Sendel-Trailer-Pinnacle/dp/B071P2XK3J/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1527953449&sr=1-1&keywords=14"+aluminum+trailer+wheels&dpID=513%2BacMaR6L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Other brands or sites to check to help me and the op out in the hunt for new trailer wheels?