Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat skins

Lakenut

I am in need of new skins for my seat bottoms on my 01 SSLXI.  I have 1 at a local shop to see how they do....so far not too thrilled as they are expensive and way past delivery date.

Suggestions? Anyone out there making replacement skins?

formulaben

Copycat Upholstery did my aft corner seats and my lockers.  You remove your old skins and ship them to them, they use the old ones as a template and create news ones from either the current vinyl (to match) or whatever custom vinyl you want.  You can get a quote online right now, just send pictures of your skins with basic dimensions and you'll get a quote!  The match was about as perfect as I can tell...stitching is a bit wider and has a couple jogs but other than that it is perfect.  You can choose to reinstall or have it installed by a local upholstery shop.  In addition to the quote there will be shipping costs both ways.  I am very happy with the result.

Side note: if you go this route invest in a staple remover; they are cheap and are worth the $5.  Also, if you have them installed locally make damn sure they use stainless staples.

http://www.copycatupholstery.com/

• 1 month later...

h20ratJR - do you have any way to reach Gabriel? 

I've searched for Gabriel's contact info, but can't find any older threads with it. 

It's finally time to replace a few skins in my '01.  

Be very picky about whomever you choose.  There are a lot of hack job shops out there doing vinyl work and it is very obvious on who can/can not do quality, OEM looking work.

Gabriel Garcia is the new "Chee" from what I read, which is a good thing.  I've seen a few of Viper Custom's work posted up here and it looks top notch...I'd consider towing my boat several hours to them to get it done right (or more likely just stripping my whole interior and sending it to them freight).  Fortunately I'm not in the need for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 1:01 AM, Wfraser said:

I will email him but i was going to get all of my seat bottoms done. Someone told me to budget $150 a seat for a VLX. Do you think that is about right?

On 8/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, 95echelon said:

I will email him but i was going to get all of my seat bottoms done. Someone told me to budget $150 a seat for a VLX. Do you think that is about right?

IIRC, Gabriel quoted me $150 for each seat bottom skin and an additional $100 + shipping if I wanted him to install (I'd mail him the HDPE and he'd install and mail back).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...