Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV Design issues

Slee

First Malibu - 23 LSV and I love it. That said, wondering what others are thinking about some of the following design questions:

Top clamping racks on the tower can't swing in if you have the bimini extended. Could be fixed if it was a few inches lower.  Seems like they should have been installed lower.

Backup camera gets water droplets all over it degrading the image. Nautique has the camera mounted on the tower which seems like a much better design.

PTM Mirror - great field of view, but makes it impossible to easily open or close the bimini. Guess you can use another mirror, but I did not know it would be an issue.

These should be easy fixes for Malibu.

@Slee

Move your racks to the lower position on the tower (see pic below). I’m guessing you have them in the upper position. There’s no reason to have the racks up there unless you have quad racks, imho. 

Camera location depends on what you use it for. I prefer it down low because I use it to keep an eye on kiddos swimming directly behind the boat (an area you can’t see when sitting in the captains chair). I also like it because I get visual confirmation when a new rider is situated and ready for me to start pulling out the rope.  A tower mounted camera wouldn’t be as effective for these two uses. I could see it being a nice addition, but I wouldn’t want it to replace the transom camera we get today (sort of like how my F250 has a camera in the tailgate and another one up over the bed).

I assume you’re talking about the G3 tower mirror arm. Not sure what you mean. You should be able to stow the bimini, you just can’t slide it back as far as it goes when the mirror is in use. Usually when I tow the boat and want the bimini all the way back I swing the mirror to the side (pic below)

BBE994C3-D7F2-4C01-AF1B-6BD6F130F023.png

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

Ya..... the whole point of the rear cam is to see people that are right at the back of the boat.... kids swimming, rider getting ready, just like IXFE mentioned. With the forward swept tower design, a tower cam wouldn't have a good view of that. The only reason it works on a Nautique or MC, is because of the tower being further back. That obviously has its own pluses and minuses, but nonetheless, Malibu putting the camera on the transom was a good idea for their tower design.

I use the spinning racks in the lower position on the tower and the non-spinning fixed racks in the upper position. The fixed racks have a steeper upward angle so you can put wakeboards in both upper and lower racks without the boots from wakeboards interfering with each other.