Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wesland Boat Cover Tie down question

Hi all,

I had to get a new cover for my boat and went with the Westland sharkskin cover. Would have loved an evolution but just can’t spend that kind of money on a cover right now. 

Anyway, it came with a venting pole and tie down straps which are self explanatory. My confusion is with two ropes that meet on the middle of both sides of the boat. So far, I’ve been the ropes tight and tying them together. The cover also came with 2 “rope ratchet” hooks that work sort of like a come-along. These were fed on these ropes in the package. 

Does anyone know how I am supposed to use these ratchet hooks and ropes on the sides of the boat? It would make more sense if it came with four ratchet hooks so 2 of them would hook together on each side, but it only has 2. 

RlSSoqQ.jpg

Kog2rpQ.jpg

I had same cover on my previous boat. Tie a loop in one end of rope on each side and the place hook end of ratchet through the loop and use other end of rope to go through ratchet. It's kind of a pain in the butt at first but once you figure it out its a really nice cover for the money.