Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 - M235 or 25LSV

MalibuMatty

I’m all over the place that’s for sure. To clarify if I bought the M I would buy a diesel. I sold my super duty in March and bought the raptor as a more convienent daily. 

Assume it would tow better than my Yukon did in 2016. I was wrong. 

We all all make mistakes. I was just asking for input. 

Just now, The Hulk said:

1/2 ton Max tow is like 13k lbs tow for 2019! ..your fine...unless u need to stop...

stopping is overrated...

On 5/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, nyryan2001 said:

Love the 25s.

Looking at them myself.

2019 needs the seats hinged, and it needs an infloor cooler.

In floor cooler will never happen unless they redesign the ballast system.  You have the gas tank and the center ballast tank in the way.

2 things after over 700hrs on Gs.

when you have a boat load of folks hinged seats and infloor cooler are absolutely key for quick access and in/out of compartments.

big PITA to ask 2-4 folks to get up and shift out of the way to remove a 20”x36” seat cushion like you’re in a bayliner. Compound that with a large cooler on the deck when you have a crowd of folks....

are the M235s the only Malibu’s with infloor coolernand hinged seats? None of the LSVs?

1 hour ago, nyryan2001 said:

2 things after over 700hrs on Gs.

when you have a boat load of folks hinged seats and infloor cooler are absolutely key for quick access and in/out of compartments.

big PITA to ask 2-4 folks to get up and shift out of the way to remove a 20”x36” seat cushion like you’re in a bayliner. Compound that with a large cooler on the deck when you have a crowd of folks....

are the M235s the only Malibu’s with infloor coolernand hinged seats? None of the LSVs?

Your product knowledge of current Malibu lineup is slipping...

* LSV’s have hinged seats (you might be confused with the Ri boats)

* M235 does NOT have an in floor cooler. It comes with a Yeti under the seat. 

For the record, I’m not a fan of in floor coolers, and I’m not alone. 

69E61409-4AF1-4CFD-A11F-A85D7ABB84E9.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, IXFE said:

For the record, I’m not a fan of in floor coolers, and I’m not alone. 

I guess I wouldn't be a fan of a heavy cooler I have to lower into a well, but boy oh boy do I miss the in floor "cooler" (really just a box with a lid) in my old MB.  That thing was the bomb.

My bad I didn’t know they were all hinged now.  Yep the coolers are heavy, with the ice and items you want for a full day on the lake.  Either you have it or you don’t. And you don’t have a  big dumb cooler on the deck or constantly asking someone to move to get to it.

the only downside to the infloor coolers from an ergonomic standpoint I’ve seen from the last 5yrs is 1-2 times per season... someone WILL not notice it’s open and step back and fall or stumble into the opened floor cooler locker .  Had to institute a rule was no leaving it open, and you had to keep your hand on the lid to protect folks from stepping back into it. It works, no more falls.

If I made the switch back, the in floor cooler would be one of the things I miss the most.  

To get back to the original topic...if I made the switch back, I do not think it would be to an M235, but a 25LSV, even if price was the same.  I do not quite see the lovefest for any other model of any other brand, except maybe for the G23.  

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Most wives I’ve talked to hate the in floor cooler. Think about it fellas... :fingerwag:

My wife wants one.  I think she tires of moving folks around.  Not sure she has thought about how hard or the view while accessing it though. 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Most wives I’ve talked to hate the in floor cooler. Think about it fellas... :fingerwag:

OK, that is hilarious:rofl:.  I never thought that but there is no way my wife would bend over in front a boat full of guests with a bikini on.  Guess who that job would fall too?

Maybe Malibu can come out with the next game changer, a Dodge ram box style cooler built into the side wall accessible from lake and boat.

I've thought about the in floor coolers and just think what a hassle to move folks around make sure nobody pinches a kids finger off etc.. I'd use it for storage  of items rarely needed at most.. we are in our cooler every other second I can't see how under a seat is practical either what a PIA. We set our cooler behind drivers seat and tilt that seat up and it covers the storage hole and is very accessible to all. we loose one seat in the boat for a more deserving cooler.. it's opened so much we don't even zip the lid half the time.. we are only out for 5-6hrs at Sandbar.. if others come we put their cooler there in the floor behind drivers seat area.. we pile up all the junk there.. I hate putting bags and other stuff even under the seats because all the shuffle of folks trying to access something is anoying

In floor cooler... If u use one y'all must be well hydrated already.. seems like it would be a great storage but a Royal PIA for drinks IMO.. 

• Like 2

I have an in floor grizzly(?) We used it the first time or 2 and then went back to our old $10 walmart plastic cooler. For a weekend the small one works great.  If we were on a week trip, the infloor might be okay, since you would only have to replenish it daily, then empty it at the end of the trip.