Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 - M235 or 25LSV

MalibuMatty

Gonna upgrade as soon as I can order a 2019. 

Between M235 and 25 LSV 

currently in a 16 23 LSV.

any thoughts are welcome. Price is not my driving factor obviously but it plays a part. 

31 minutes ago, Fman said:

FWIW the M235 is a beast, however the 25 LSV is legit and can hold its own.  If it were me I would go with 25 LSV.  You will get a larger boat with more cabin space.  IMHO Resale will be much easier plus less depreciation hit on the 25 LSV.

That was a big factor to me as I like to upgrade every other year. Resale on M235 is terrible. 

• Like 2

M has some cool blitz and IMO stops there. I just think its a terrible looking boat..  the lines and shape just don't look that sexy for the price..

The 25 is so much more boat than a 23, you don't realize it until u get back in a 23 and feel cramped. The M just makes a 23 more enclosed with taller walls etc.. 

As mentioned resale.. especially with a TB. Currently the 25 has the biggest wave for the money of any boat and brand.. not sure how u could loose with a 25. 

Anxious to see what upgrade options are I'll be ready in a year or two once another game changer is released.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

I’ve used both in the past two years for a week at a time for an event on our lake. The M is no question amazing. Surf wake is a beast on each side and the boat has everything anyone could ask for in terms of options. 

That said, I’d still pick the 25. The interior space and storage is out of this world. We had 15 adults in it a few times and it didn’t feel cramped! That wouldn’t have happened with an M. The surf wave is still extremely good. I used these boats one year apart so it’s too hard to say what a direct comparison is, but the 25 is still an amazing surfing boat. Plus it’s better looking imo. I still much prefer the traditional style boats. You can get almost every option on the M on a 25 except the power wind screen and walk through. Do you have kids and do they have friends that come out? It’s going to make that so much better because of all of the space plus you still have amazing wake and waver performance.

And if the rumors are true that the 25 is being refreshed this year, it’s going to be an even bigger beast. It’s a no brainer imo. 

• Like 2

My vote would definitely be for the 25LSV. Such an awesome package at a great price.

I can’t see giving up the awesome looks, space, and utility, just to have a power windscreen and a little more bling. 

The huge price difference is just a cherry on top.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

We saw one on the water at a distance today, and someone said they thought it was a Heyday.

You killed me :rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Agree it depends what you pay as to the size of beating you take on resale, I also agree that I do not prefer the looks of the M over the LSV.... The things I want just come standard on the M which made it appealing. i.e walkthrough, G4 tower and etc... I think a 19 25 LSV will be in my future.

and Yes I agree from a distance it looks like a heyday...

• Like 4

I am just coming off a 25 LSV and I loved that boat. The M235s are a lot of fun because the wakeboard wake is so huge, but for surfing I like the 25LSV wave better. Not as pitchy, but a lot more room to play. Plus, The M235 really isn't any bigger than the 23LSV on the interior. The 25 is huge. That said, both are awesome, either choice will be a good one.

That would be interesting... I actually prefer standard bow as opposed to pickle fork..... I assume my mind is made up.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, IXFE said:

I would bet dollars to donuts that the M235 is actually smaller than the 23 LSV (behind the windshield) considering the fact that the helm is pushed further back on a pickelfork boat.  

It would be interesting to actually take a tape measure to them.

It's funny you mention that I kept telling myself it was the taller walls making it feel possibly even more cramped than my 23 lsv now this makes sense.. I wonder how it compares to the 22 MXZ for behind the helm space.. 

For us the added MX or M bow is a waste of space we rarely have people set up there and most of the time it is for beach bags extra towels and stuff.. 

I'd go for the 25, better bang for your buck. Although money shouldn't be a concern if you're between these 2 boats. I like traditional bows more as well.

More I think about it hard to compare two boats in totally different classes and price points.  Why would anyone be deciding on a 140k boat versus a 250k boat.  Makes no sense.  Would be like someone deciding on a standard three series bmw versus an M5.  I’m doubtful thbut m235 was ever in the running. #truthisonthewater. :)

Price is not driving factor because your 250k boat is easily 35% off brand new. If the price point between 115-120k on a brand new 25 and 170-180 on a brand new M is going to stop you from buying a boat you should probably look @ an axis instead...

2 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

Love the 25s.

Looking at them myself.

2019 needs the seats hinged, and it needs an infloor cooler.

If they come out with an infloor cooler and transom walk through with filler pad, I may know of two buyers......

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

If they come out with an infloor cooler and transom walk through with filler pad, I may know of two buyers......

If they add the walk through on the 25 you will be able to get the filler pad as they already offer that for the MXZ and M235. 

That said, I agree with @IXFE, I don’t see them adding it. They are smart to have small levels of differences between the LSV and MXZ/M lines. LSV is for sure luxury but the MXZ and obviously M are marketed as a slightly more premium line and that’s one of if not the main difference. And the MSRP’s reflect that. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
Added my opinion... lol
2 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

If they add the walk through on the 25 you will be able to get the filler pad as they already offer that for the MXZ and M235. 

I'd probably be the guy that really wants it then never bothers to dig it out (I ride on a 22MXZ from time to time and didn't even know it had a filler cushion).  Such a catch 22 - My wife would want it and I would think I would too when just in a cove swimming.  But then again, we have as much traffic in and out of the boat when we cove up to get more drinks, snacks, deal with a kid, deal with music, etc. as when we ride, so then the filler would take a beating.   

If you assume you can get a 30% discount off MSRP (which is doubtful) you would be at around 97k for an lsv (140msrp) and 185k for a m235 (265msrp) meaning you could buy almost 2 LSVs for the price of a single M.   Say what you will about what you want, style diffences etc, but I still doubt price isn’t a factor.  Your math just doesn’t add up..... good luck 

Edited by RCorsa