Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Venting: Kinetic versus Auto Vent

Murphy8166

Looking to get some vent action going on our 2018 23 LSV with factory sacks.  My end goal is to be able to fill the bags, even top them off without having to open the hatches to check on them.  The best case scenario is that water starts flowing out of the side of the boat through the tank vent when sacs are full.  

Will the Kinetic valves allow for this?  Can I fill the bags to the top without opening the hatches.

I already know the WM vent kit will let me fill the bags to top without watching them but it requires some installation.

Let me know your thoughts!

Not having actually seen an ‘18 in the wild I am not sure on the existing drain/fill/vent line set up. A super easy fix for me was to use my left over 3/4” elbows from my 1” line upgrade install for my bags. I went to the local hardware store and got some cheapo clear 3/4” hose and some “Y” fittings and plumbed them into the drain lines for the hard tanks. I did use some one way flow check valves. I only had to cut a hose to install the Y. Of course I probably just described the WM vent kit.

They are about double or little less than the price they were snd their still to cheap and easy to not give them a try

Edited by granddaddy55

I put the following on last week and used them all weekend and loved it.  I did open the hatch a few times just to confirm they were working, after that I just turned on the pumps and waited for them to start dumping out the overflow.  Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3RHV4H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1