Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge issue on an 04 wakesetter XTI

A friend of mine recently purchased an 04 wakesetter XTI. For some goofy reason the wedge is worthless on this boat. With the wedge deployed, there is no difference in wake enhancement compared to having it up. While surfing, we've come to the conclusion where it almost acts like a suppresion plate or a TAPS system in pushing the hull up vrs pulling it down.

With it down, the angle of attack follows the same angle of the boat hull. In other words it appears to run parallel with the boat hull with no angle difference required to pull the boat down. I know there are two different type of wedges, one that is completely flat for the SV23 Diamond Hull and the other that is more swept back, or angled for the non SV23 Diamond hull

My questions are these

1 Is there more than two types of wedge plates?

2. Has anyone ran into this before.

3. Are there different wedge arms? Some that are straight and some that are angled?

Thanks for any insight...... we are both stumped Crazy.gif

I believe that the brackets & arms are the same. Have you verified for sure that your friend's boat is not on a diamond hull & that he has the correct wedge for his hull?

According to the hull chart he has the V25 wake, he does have the angled or swept back wedge plate.

Fairly tough without looking at the boat and wedge. How much weight or ballast do you have in the boat?
We typically run between 1200-1500lbs of extra ballast. We've tried the wedge with no ballast at all and there is absolutely no difference in wake enhancement with it up or down. There are only two types of wedge plates....Correct?

I believe that the brackets & arms are the same. Have you verified for sure that your friend's boat is not on a diamond hull & that he has the correct wedge for his hull?

According to the hull chart he has the V25 wake, he does have the angled or swept back wedge plate.

But have you looked at the chines to be sure that he doesn't have a Diamond hull? Best to be absolutely sure of that point before going forward.