Sign in to follow this  
fergie23

Anyone tried "Hot Sauce" for cleaning & spot removal???

fergie23

I am trying to find a product that will clean, remove water spots but not remove my wax..."Hot Sauce" by Boat Bling says it will do all that...anyone tried it?

I found Ducky spot remover and it did work well on the spots--I just had to wax afterward.

Please let me know if anyone has tried "Hot Sauce" or found anything that meets this claim!

Thanks! :)

jklein

I've found over the years that the easiest and cheapest thing is 50/50 water and white vinegar. Follow up with a simple spray wax.

My boat is going on 10 years old, and it still looks like new. I wax with Meguires #26 yellow wax at the end of the season, and maybe once during the year if the water is particularly nasty.

Dan P
easiest and cheapest thing is 50/50 water and white vinegar

I agree with John. I've tried lots of commercial products but none worked better than the water/vinegar, and I rarely have to wax my boat.

fergie23

last time I pulled the boat out, I used the 50/50 water vinegar on half the boat and ducky spot remover on the other half...both worked well but my wax seemed to be gone...

does vinegar usually remove the wax?

Malibudude
last time I pulled the boat out, I used the 50/50 water vinegar on half the boat and ducky spot remover on the other half...both worked well but my wax seemed to be gone...

does vinegar usually remove the wax?

Yes, the acetic acid will tend to remove the wax. Houshold vinegar is about 5% acetic acid.

jklein

That's why you follow up with a quick spray wax, and give it a good #26 every now and then.

93euro

I have a bottle of hot sauce right now. It works, but it was expensive. I like the vinyl cleaner.

before that I was using a mixture of vinegar, water, and eagle one's wax as you dry.

I use the Wax as you dry on all my vehicles. Works great.

Steven