Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sagging PW

2010 LSV @ 890 hrs and the wedge when stowed is starting to sag after overnight storage. I can see anywhere from 1” to 2” and I am guessing the actuators are going bad. It otherwise works fine, at least from what I can tell w/o actually seeing it deployed. Anyone deal with this yet.

Edited by wdr

The actuators will not move just sitting. There is basically a screw that moves them in and out. I have completely disassembled mine and there is no way that they are moving without the motor turning on.  I would guess that you could have a loose mounting bolt. The tips of the wedge should be even with the top of the bracket holding the actuators when fully retracted.  When you notice it is down a little bit see if retracting the wedge will move it up. I doubt it will.  You will have to move the paddle wheel spinning it by hand to get it to move on the trailer. I would guess it is a loose bracket where the Rams attach.

kris

20 hours ago, BSUBU_Kris said:

The actuators will not move just sitting. There is basically a screw that moves them in and out. I have completely disassembled mine and there is no way that they are moving without the motor turning on.  I would guess that you could have a loose mounting bolt. The tips of the wedge should be even with the top of the bracket holding the actuators when fully retracted.  When you notice it is down a little bit see if retracting the wedge will move it up. I doubt it will.  You will have to move the paddle wheel spinning it by hand to get it to move on the trailer. I would guess it is a loose bracket where the Rams attach.

kris

Thanks Kris. I adjusted the slack out of it with in the first 50 hours and I still only have about 1/2” when fully stowed. It’s a random thing that when I started removing all of the variables I think has more to do with the fact that the wife is driving more now. I normally do most of the driving and securing etc.., but the last 2 years I have been getting more time behind the boat and “no one knows your boat like you do”. Most likely the issue is a couple seconds less time pressing the MUX to stow the the wedge up. I don’t trust the gauges so I hover on the button! Have a good summer. Bill

If the boat is staying in the water, wave action will absolutely cause the wedge to drop overnight. We had that issue, and it was anniying, but everything still worked. Last year i finally just replaced the actuators, and its been great since.