Sign in to follow this  
awilco

Water in bilge...looks to be small leak from tracking fins?

awilco

Water in bilge...looks to be small leak from tracking fins?

My boat is a 1997 Response 250hrs

Anyone else have this happen. I took all of the screws out and coated them with RTV, leaks less but still leaks a bit. I am talking about 2 cups in an afternoon. I want it bone dry!

Thanks

Andy

zzbutler

2 cups? I am happy when I have less than 5 gallons!

Are you sure its not coming from the shaft packing?

Welcome to the site. Where are you from?

Tom Sawyer
I am talking about 2 cups in an afternoon. I want it bone dry!

And I thought I was anal.

If that's how you want it, I'd recommend skipping the Malibu and getting a Martini. Biggrin.gif

Seriously, It sure sounds like normal dripping from your shaft packing.

Welcome.gif

Daman

Every Malibu owner I have talked to says the same thing, water is going to be in the bilge. Always. Shaft packing is usually the spot if you are getting 2 cups in an afternoon, then if you replaced the seal you probably would get more than that afterwards. Don't get crazy, your going to take on water.

aneal000
I am talking about 2 cups in an afternoon. I want it bone dry!

I'd suggest you look up a TMC member named edwin. With his help and the proper installation of his "wetbuckets" you might be able to keep the inside a bit dryer. ROFL.gif

awilco

Yep, I am a water nut, just not in my blige. Hay Bryan, I live in Virginia. I have been to Flower Mound, love the Bass Proshop. I have an old buddy that used to live there, Gary Wait, know him?

Guys thanks for the imput, guess I will chill and have a martini or two....

Andy

RTS

You could get more than 2 cups just getting in the boat...unless you stand on the swim platform and dry off completely before coming aboard.

edwin

Great idea aneal and rts - put together a wet bucket and make sure everyone dries off on the platform....problem solved!

RTS

My 2 year old daughter spills more than two cups of Juicy Juice in an afternoon. It's a real treat when that gets mixed with Goldfish Crackers. I swear there is no epoxy on the market that compares to the adhesive power of that combo!

Daman
My 2 year old daughter spills more than two cups of Juicy Juice in an afternoon. It's a real treat when that gets mixed with Goldfish Crackers. I swear there is no epoxy on the market that compares to the adhesive power of that combo!

lake texoma

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck goldfish and anything is a pain!!

Daniel
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck goldfish and anything is a pain!!

They are really nice wet and then mashed into the carpet...

Daniel

88Skier
Every Malibu owner I have talked to says the same thing, water is going to be in the bilge. Always. Shaft packing is usually the spot if you are getting 2 cups in an afternoon, then if you replaced the seal you probably would get more than that afterwards. Don't get crazy, your going to take on water.

inboard owner

aneal000
I swear there is no epoxy on the market that compares to the adhesive power of that combo!

I'd suggest you try mixing in a bit of dog hair. It acts like fiber strands and gives the stuff some real strength! :lol: