Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinions on new boat issue

Cboom12

7 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Going straight to the hard a$$ position isn't usually the quickest or best way to get something resolved. It would also strain the relationship with the dealer and possibly affect future interactions, etc.

Yup, that puts you into the lets comply with the letter of the law category and you will be getting whatever the option price was, sent on your way and put on the people they don't want to deal with.  Your position of power was before you took the boat and trailer home. 

7 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I know this sounds as simple as them ordering a trailer for a stock both with the steps and making the swap. Although, do they actually have any sock boats on order or all they all customer orders? Are they already locked in and can't change them? I'd still ask them to do this. 

And in regards to cost, its probably the most reasonable option on the entire option sheet. It is a couple hundred dollars, very fair. And people think that boatmate isn't charging for these, :lol:, they are. It is extra material and labor. It is just built into the "standard" price. I actually prefer that Malibu give the option. They are not needed for some that use their trailer twice and year and they get to save a few hundred.

Also not needed for anyone over 5 ft 2 if my wife is any example 😂

Is the new A24 swim platform a whole lot higher?  On my T22 I do have the steps, but coming from three prior boats/trailers without them, I always just jump in via the swim platform? (put two hands on platform, jump/swing one leg up, stand up).  I've been known to be somewhat unsympathetic (admittedly kind of a jerk) about people that can't get in the boat without a ladder, tho, so apologies in advance if there's a disability or something that would prevent you from getting in this way.

EDIT: none of which is to say you shouldn't get this worked out to your satisfaction... just saying that this isn't an issue that'd ruin a day on the water by any means.

Edited by shawndoggy

I actually carry one of those 2 step "ladders" that they sell at Lowes or Home Depot that fold up. It folds flat and I put it in back of truck, we I get to ramp and ready to prep boat to launch, I pop it out and then I have 2 steps that are probably about 24" tall total and get onto the swim platform from there. Obviously I can get into boat without it, just a little more convenient and easier to leave sandals on ground when using it, so I do. I also use it to get in/out of boat when in garage.

Anyway, its a suggestion on something to use to make it easy on you till they get you squared away. I would think any dealer worth their salt will get it taken care of for you, especially when you just bought a new boat from them.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Is the new A24 swim platform a whole lot higher?  On my T22 I do have the steps, but coming from three prior boats/trailers without them, I always just jump in via the swim platform? (put two hands on platform, jump/swing one leg up, stand up).  I've been known to be somewhat unsympathetic (admittedly kind of a jerk) about people that can't get in the boat without a ladder, tho, so apologies in advance if there's a disability or something that would prevent you from getting in this way.

EDIT: none of which is to say you shouldn't get this worked out to your satisfaction... just saying that this isn't an issue that'd ruin a day on the water by any means.

Ummm I don’t know how much higher it is.  It’s roughly chest high on me. But it’s not just me either, I have 2 small kids and a wife. I do know it’s much higher than our old vlx. 

It’s not ruining our time, we r still enjoying the boat immensely it’s really more of an annoyance.  But when I’m loading the boat having to spider monkey onto the swim platform gets real old. In addition getting off the platform in flip flops is pretty unpleasant at best. 

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Also not needed for anyone over 5 ft 2 if my wife is any example 😂

I (6’1”) and my wife (5’4”) can both get in and out of the new boats  from the wheel well steps but it is 100x easier from the step in the back. Your vtx is also not nearly as deep as the newer boats it isn’t nearly as easy. Your wife would have trouble with the new boats. And again, for like $200 after the normal discount off of msrp you have a much easier way in and out. Plus on the malibu you also get the nicer slim line led tail and reverse lights. It’s a no brained imo, it’s on our build list. 

Steps is definitely an option that is needed on the new boats. Getting from the fenders is impossible and without steps you need some strength to get onto the platform. 

• Like 2
On 5/23/2018 at 9:02 PM, Cboom12 said:

As far as I can tell the dealer screwed up, the order placed to Malibu didn’t have the steps but it is on the purchase order I signed. And honestly refunding the cost of the step is not an acceptable outcome, like I said u can’t hardly get in the boat. And it would be drastically more expensive to add steps to the trailer now. At this point I haven’t been offered any solution yet, when I spoke to the dealer today they told me we can’t swap trailers. 

As for moving to the lake, I like that idea, but I live in California lake front property is a touch out of my price range. Lol. 

They have not filled your order, tell the dealer that you want “specific performance” of your buy order or we’ll have to ruin our personal relationship and turn it into a legal relationship through our legal representatives and let them fight it out including paying attorneys fees and cost of collection of judgement 

your dealer set the tone for this by his outright refusal to replace your Trailer at his cost or factories cost as that issue is between them and not you and they should not make it your problem 

he is leaving you no choice and is figuring you have no choice because you think you need your relationship with him .  If that is the case, he is a real piece of S***

you have new technologies on your axis new to axis line, but they have been debugged in Malibu , get your 20 hour service and then start this, oil changes so are simple as well as impeller , don’t be intimidated.  Send an email , poor response send a certified registered letter, poor response hand to an attorney for one soft approach you pay for and then proceed to filing cause lawyer had already threatened deed and costs if collection 

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

They have not filled your order, tell the dealer that you want “specific performance” of your buy order or we’ll have to ruin our personal relationship and turn it into a legal relationship through our legal representatives and let them fight it out including paying attorneys fees and cost of collection of judgement 

your dealer set the tone for this by his outright refusal to replace your Trailer at his cost or factories cost as that issue is between them and not you and they should not make it your problem 

he is leaving you no choice and is figuring you have no choice because you think you need your relationship with him .  If that is the case, he is a real piece of S***

you have new technologies on your axis new to axis line, but they have been debugged in Malibu , get your 20 hour service and then start this, oil changes so are simple as well as impeller , don’t be intimidated.  Send an email , poor response send a certified registered letter, poor response hand to an attorney for one soft approach you pay for and then proceed to filing cause lawyer had already threatened deed and costs if collection 

Honestly, he needs to give it a bit to get worked out.

Your route is going to just screw everything up for him.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

This x100. Just remember the month of May is complete chaos for dealers. Everyone that gets new boats this time of year always wants them by Memorial Day. 

My bet would be you should start hearing something in the next week or two once the holiday weekend crunch dissipates. 

Also, IMO, at this point I wouldn’t mess with it. I wouldn’t want the boat to be down at this point of the season over some steps. Advise the dealer of your findings, which you did, and deal with it this fall. Enjoy the boat. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Ok , maybe your right which is why I said 20 hours.  But did the OP say he was refused or not?  He isn’t making this post for nothing .  Dealer said no, not bad time snd I will fix this fir you.  If he would have said that , the OP would not have made post.  What is it about s definitive NO, do you not understand 

4 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Ok , maybe your right which is why I said 20 hours.  But did the OP say he was refused or not?  He isn’t making this post for nothing .  Dealer said no, not bad time snd I will fix this fir you.  If he would have said that , the OP would not have made post.  What is it about s definitive NO, do you not understand 

He said he was refused a new trailer, which honestly makes sense for something that is so simple to correct.

He did not say that they have told him to pound sand.

You are telling him to take the pound sand approach.

Ya they have not told me to pound sand, to this point I’ve been told they are working on a solution. I get they r busy as I used to work for a dealer years ago. 

At this point I am not so patiently waiting for a solution. The 2 outcomes I find unacceptable are them doing nothing obviously or refunding the price of the option. 

• Like 1
On 5/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, Cboom12 said:

Ya they have not told me to pound sand, to this point I’ve been told they are working on a solution. I get they r busy as I used to work for a dealer years ago. 

At this point I am not so patiently waiting for a solution. The 2 outcomes I find unacceptable are them doing nothing obviously or refunding the price of the option. 

People have said you have a good dealer. If so I believe they would do the right thing.

I am not suggesting rushing into anything but I would like a agreement in ink that could be a target for the outcome. I also would not be hasty just protect your investment. The longer it goes on without satisfaction the more likely it will be easier for the dealer to not make all  well!