Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV 23 Power Wedge Gauge

Hello there,

Can someone help with this issue?  I have an '07 LSV 23, power wedge works fine but the gauge is always stuck on down and does not move.  I can deal with the gauge not working but the 25 mph alarm goes off which is annoying.  Upon boat power up, the gauge moves but after that it just stays on down.  I do believe the gauge works but something signals it to just stay down.  I read that going into the service menu - power wedge - then PW Present and turning that off will silence the alarm and still allow the wedge to work as it has been.  I haven't tried that yet but please confirm if that is what I need to do?  Also, any ideas on what is happening here and what the fix to the gauge could be?  Thank you  

27 minutes ago, fngmotor said:

Hello there,

Can someone help with this issue?  I have an '07 LSV 23, power wedge works fine but the gauge is always stuck on down and does not move.  I can deal with the gauge not working but the 25 mph alarm goes off which is annoying.  Upon boat power up, the gauge moves but after that it just stays on down.  I do believe the gauge works but something signals it to just stay down.  I read that going into the service menu - power wedge - then PW Present and turning that off will silence the alarm and still allow the wedge to work as it has been.  I haven't tried that yet but please confirm if that is what I need to do?  Also, any ideas on what is happening here and what the fix to the gauge could be?  Thank you  

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing, mine started after I changed out the actuators to the newer 5 lobe actuators and didn't change the power wedge control box.  I've read that the newer box is required for the newer actuators in order for the gauge to work but I have yet to hear someone explain how the control box senses the difference between styles of actuators.  In my simple mind, the control box simply sends 12v one way or another, I don't see how it receives any input.  All sales are final on these boxes so until I know it will fix my issue with 100% certainty, I'm dealing with the gauge issue.

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 12:37 PM, fngmotor said:

Hello there,

Did you have any luck figuring this out? Mine is doing the same thing and the 2007 computer does not allow for digital calibration. I changed out one of the batteries and I read that the wedge needs to be “recalibrated” when a battery is disconnected. Any feedback appreciated.