Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 24 MXZ Price

JPPilla

Does anyone on here mind telling me what their dealers charged them for a new 24 mxz. I am in the market and want to make sure my dealer gives me a good price. I'm willing to make a drive to get a good price lol.

51 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

25-30% seems to be the norm for a good deal for new.  35% for holdovers/demos.

That’s a little aggressive. 

I’d say 20-25% is good (depending on model and time of year). 30% for leftovers/demos. 

YMMV

• Like 3
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

That’s a little aggressive. 

I’d say 20-25% is good (depending on model and time of year). 30% for leftovers/demos. 

YMMV

Definitely YMMV but that's what I got and know several others who have as well. One guy I know got 40% on a holdover with 0.5 hrs on it. 

Why is it, the average joe can get 30 pct off, and long time customers get only 30 pct off?  This whole pricing system is bizarre. People like IFXE should get 30 pct. not first time buyers, or resale will go to $hit ! The whole sticker price is a sham, everybody knows this, even the banks that finance these things.

Edited by surfdude

I prefer to buy local so when I service or need something fixed in a rush they accommodate. To each his own. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, IXFE said:

And then there's this... many many dealers make up their own MSRP and their own window stickers.   So evaluating your deal isn't always that simple.  

The whole idea of sharing pricing in this industry is just silly.  What's the OP gonna do?  Run down to his local dealer and say, "This dude Kblagg on the internet knows this other dude who got 40% off on a boat I'm not sure of at a dealer I can't name. I need you to give me that deal on a 24 MXZ or I'm going to that other dealer even though I don't know where it is and even if I did it would be outside my territory so they'd turn me away."  I'm begging you, please try this approach and then return and report.  

Best you can do is negotiate hard; you'll know when you've reached their best and final.  If you aren't happy, then walk away and see how far you get with Nautique or Mastercraft.  

There is no harm in knowing what is considered a good deal.  Why overpay when you don't have to.  No different than buying a car.  To your point, some dealers definitely fabricate their own MSRP so 25% at one dealer may be 30% at another dealer.  If someone tries to pull the I know a guy who knows a guy who got a boat at x% off tactic, I doubt they'll be walking away with a boat.  The OP asked a question, I provided an answer based on my experience from when I was looking at boats and the one that my friend just pulled the trigger on last month.  

So YMMV....

4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Seriously??

In terms of ensuring you get the best price and negotiating, yes.  There is no harm in being an educated buyer.  Unless you just plan to go in and pay MSRP.

47 minutes ago, IXFE said:

And then there's this... many many dealers make up their own MSRP and their own window stickers.   So evaluating your deal isn't always that simple.  

What?  I once suggested that MSRP on Malibu was pretty much made up by the dealer and got blasted here a couple of years ago being told that MSRP was actually straight from Malibu.  Where were you then?  

My life has been based on untruths espoused on the interwebs...so sad.  

Edited by TallRedRider
Just now, Kblagg said:

In terms of ensuring you get the best price and negotiating, yes.  There is no harm in being an educated buyer.  Unless you just plan to go in and pay MSRP.

So you think that the OP can walk into his dealer and get 40% off because you know a guy who claims he did?

It's nothing like cars, buddy.  With cars you can cross show dealers and you are armed with a consistent msrp and invoice is known.  With boats neither is true.  You can buy from ONE dealer and ONE dealer only, and you have no information.  It's more like buying jewelry.  

The harm is that you're setting the wrong expectation when you quote steep discounts like that.  Since you brought up cars, it's like the guy who claims he gets 23 mpg in his Ecoboost.  Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, or maybe it's not apples to apples.  Either way, back on planet earth everybody is really only getting 15 mpg.  

3 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

I am sure that there are others more articulate that will explain, but it ain't the same in soooooo many ways.  The most obvious is that if my Ford dealer doesn't give me a good deal, I've got another one within easy driving distance that I can negotiate with too.  Dealers have territories that Malibu protects, so you are pretty limited what you can do with new boats.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

So you think that the OP can walk into his dealer and get 40% off because you know a guy who claims he did?

I never said that.  I simply stated what was my experience and my friends experience.

4 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am sure that there are others more articulate that will explain, but it ain't the same in soooooo many ways.  The most obvious is that if my Ford dealer doesn't give me a good deal, I've got another one within easy driving distance that I can negotiate with too.  Dealers have territories that Malibu protects, so you are pretty limited what you can do with new boats.  

In that respect, yes you are correct.  I meant simply in the sense of doing your research and ensuring you get the best deal.   Maybe not the best analogy since I didn't mean that the buying process is exactly the same, I was inferring that an informed consumer is more likely to get a better deal than an uninformed consumer regardless of whether they were buying a boat, car, house, etc.  I should have clarified better.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

My local dealer is slightly north of 30% for a new one.

7 minutes ago, MalibuMatty said:

This is what I was given.... Paid much less on my 2016

Malibu%20Build%20Sheet%20and%20MSRP%20pr

For those struggling to keep track...Thats 95K for a new 23 LSV in 2016.  

• Like 2