Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New ‘17 22 VLX dashboard electronics out

Sailbd

Question - my entire dash is out.   When I push power button I hear a buzz but the screen does not power up.  I thought it could be low battery but boat turned right over on manual key. Any ideas?  Is there a reboot?  Thanks

Would your starting battery for engine be different than acc battery for screen and electronics? That is usually how it is so it could still be a low 2nd battery that is causing issue. I would trickle charge them both to be sure.

Reboot....remove battery cables for 10mins, just don't mix up any wires, maybe zip tie them all together.

14 minutes ago, Infinitysurf said:

Would your starting battery for engine be different than acc battery for screen and electronics? That is usually how it is so it could still be a low 2nd battery that is causing issue. I would trickle charge them both to be sure.

Reboot....remove battery cables for 10mins, just don't mix up any wires, maybe zip tie them all together.

Great idea.  I thought the dash would be on the starter battery but maybe not.  Novice question, but if both both battery banks are on, wouldn’t dash at least light up if at least one battery was holding a charge?

We had similar glitches with our screens in the 1st 20 hours. They never completely stayed black but they did go black once and locked up a couple of times. It turned out to be the connection behind the screens was a little loose. Dealer took care of it for us at the 1st service. We also noticed that the issue only happened when we had stuff rubbing against the medallion black box that is in the storage below the glove box. We stopped putting stuff by the black box and have not had any issue since (90hrs now)

Our screens work work with the battery set on 1, 2, and both. 

Edited by BLSousa
7 minutes ago, Sailbd said:

Great idea.  I thought the dash would be on the starter battery but maybe not.  Novice question, but if both both battery banks are on, wouldn’t dash at least light up if at least one battery was holding a charge?

Yes

4 minutes ago, BLSousa said:

We had similar glitches with our screens in the 1st 20 hours. They never completely stayed black but they did go black once and locked up a couple of times. It turned out to be the connection behind the screens was a little loose. Dealer took care of it for us at the 1st service. We also noticed that the issue only happened when we had stuff rubbing against the medallion black box that is in the storage below the glove box. We stopped putting stuff by the black box and have not had any issue since (90hrs now)

Interesting.  I did have our bail out bag in there but I checked the connections and things were pretty tight , and the breaker never tripped.  Not sure about the connections behind the dash.  Will check. Thanks for info.

If you have enough juice in at least 1 of the batteries....and you combine both batteries at switch, then theoretically it should work if its not a loose connection or another issue. I thought of that just cause I know electronic glitches are notorious when batteries are low.

I would check all connections again to make sure they are tight and have no corrosion....probably good to put some of that diolectric grease on them too (I spelled that wrong). May wanna also double check your battery connections