Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Overvoltage Code SPN29 FMI3 PPS2

My buddy has a 2011 Sunscape with the monsoon 350. We are getting a warning horn and active fault with the following code SPN29 FMI3 PPS2

the diagnostic page says it is “VOLTAGE ABOVE NORMAL OR SHORTENED HIGH”. We can idle just fine but boat will not go above 24 mph and 3000rpm. Voltage gauge at idle shows 14.5

Any thoughts?  

I have an ‘06 Sunscape with the 320. Hopefully when I launch mine tomorrow I won’t have any glitches 😬

Many thanks. 

431155F3-C943-48A6-8BC2-0F87C185E929.jpeg

22C1AB8A-03F8-498E-AFA8-99572EA14E0E.jpeg

Edited by LarsJensen
Added more

Update——-

after troubleshooting, we decided to switch from battery 2 to battery 1 and now everything works. Boat started just fine on Battery 2. It’s a Blue Seas battery switch. Not sure if bad switch or battery as Blue Seas has rave reviews.