Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HO Approach sizing

CarveItUp

I may have a line on a good deal for a pair of Approaches and am trying to figure out which size I would need. Can anyone here tell me whether they run true to size, large, or small?

I know Slider gets his big dogs into a pair of larges which makes me think they may run a big large. I'm on the cusp of medium to large: I wear a 9.5 or 10 shoe and medium is 8 - 9 and large is 10 - 11.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

I have a couple Animals and an Approach, all medium. The Approach runs a bit larger than the Animal. I also wear a 9.5 to 10 shoe and the mediums fit me great. Unless you have a club foot, I'd go medium.

Edited by edwin
I have a couple Animals and an Approach, all medium. The Approach runs a bit larger than the Animal. I also wear a 9.5 to 10 shoe and the mediums fit me great. Unless you have a club foot, I'd go medium.

Thanks for the quick reply! No club feet here...a bit of volume in the arch but nothing extreme.

I'll probably give Slider a call to see if I can try his larges on to make sure the forward lean of the Approach isn't too disconcerting. Coming from 30 years of snow skiing I can't image it would be though...

My feet aren't wide, but there is some volume in the arch. That's one of the reasons I'm intersted in the superfoot insert -- maybe better support.

Thanks for the info!

My feet aren't wide, but there is some volume in the arch. That's one of the reasons I'm intersted in the superfoot insert -- maybe better support.

Thanks for the info!

I have the same type of foot, so I'm curious to what you find out on sizing.

Also, where's the deal??? My bindings are falling apart (I hate them anyway), so I gotta start looking.

The deal didn't materialize after all (of course I would have shared it with the Crew).

There was a pair advertised on the Nichols water ski forum a week or two ago. I think he wanted $250 for a brand new pair of '06 Approaches (size Large).

Thanks for everyone's responses. I think I'll try to get a set in on Slider's ski this weekend to see how they fit.

The deal didn't materialize after all (of course I would have shared it with the Crew).

There was a pair advertised on the Nichols water ski forum a week or two ago. I think he wanted $250 for a brand new pair of '06 Approaches (size Large).

Thanks for everyone's responses. I think I'll try to get a set in on Slider's ski this weekend to see how they fit.

Just keep it on edge and let er' rip Yahoo.gif

I ran approach boots for a few months. Size 10 shoe. Size Large boots. You have to cinch those boots down pretty hard for them to feel right anyway. From their sizing chart, size 10 is on the bottom part of the large spectrum. But with them cinched down, even as a sz 10 in a large, they wouldn't release me, which is why I'm in Wileys now.

/edit. Whoops, that's what I get for not reading all the way through. Good luck with the test ride.

Edited by east tx skier