Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tired of those 2000's factory red lit dash gauges

Travman

2004 Malibu wakesetter.

I bought this boat last year and im a fan of blue! Took it out and did some evening cruising..and I noticed a lot of red! Now I know the boat is older but if my awesome Ford can change the dash color I want my boat to do the same. I had a stock tach sitting on the shelf from when the dealer installed the perfect pass in it's place..so I took it apart in mind of finding a easy way to add LED lights.

Edited by Travman
Miss spelled
  • 2 weeks later...

On 5/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, onamission said:

I've wanted to do that forever,  can you write direction on the mod.  Are you going to do the switches too.

20171024_103336_zpsx9buibfs.jpg

20171028_142741_zpss2izllqp.jpg

On 5/28/2018 at 7:05 AM, UWSkier said:

always heard those were sealed units and wouldn't come apart.  Interesting mod, though I don't mind the red either...  :)

Yes they are sealed units! The only thing that will come off is the chrome ring...I will go out and get specs off the old tach for where to drill. You want to drill behind the display but not into the main board. The only thing I hit while drilling were the factory bulbs no big deal..the lose debris that fall inside just shakes out after the holds are drilled.

formulaben

WOW, I love your ambition!  This is a very cool project and it is no doubt professionally done, but I must confess I appreciate the red lights, as the red light spectrum has a lesser effect on your night vision and I tend to do more than my fair share of night cruising, so I have a bias...having said that, again I applaud you, this so so very cool!!

:werule: