Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

“Surf high speed” alert

The last 2 outing I have had this alert go off while we were not surfing and the surf gates were not deployed. Any ideas? I looked through the manual and don’t see this alert. 

D6F619C9-9026-4878-A1A5-53B1F154747D.jpeg

Is the surf switch set to on to a particular side?

if you dint have cruise set for surf you might just be accelerating through the deployment action exceeding the the warning speeds faster than it could deploy

The first time it happened my daughter was wakeboarding at 17 mph and it was 3-4 minutes into her set.  Last night we were headed back to the ramp, bags empty, PW2 stowed and travelling at 17 mph (picture above) and had been on plane for a few minutes.

Its happened to me a few times also. Last time out I actually got a SG Error in the screen but it wasn't beeping and no exclamation point or triangle.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have an answer to resolve this? Everyone is staring they had it but no one is stating how they fixed. Why is the cruise not functioning properly at the set speed? It keeps just to 16 mph then coming back down to 11 and then it beeps. It’s never gone past the speed then back down to the speed before engaging the cruise. 

Mine does this occasionally, especially after crossing a wake while jsut cruising around.   Slowing down to a surf speed clears it and then I just speed back up.  I'm assuming the water jars the gate and maybe a sensor thinks that the gate is deployed.  Just a minor annoyance and nothing that I have worried to much about.  Only done it maybe 3 times in 150hrs.  '19 T22

Have had it happen on my A24 about 3-5 times the last couple years.  Alarming (see how I did that) at first, just slowed down and it went away, never to be heard from again until the next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did this for the first time this past Sunday morning.  I thought i forgot the GoPro on the truck bed cover.  Tanks were already full, stowed the wedge and gates were not activated (i was actually wake boarding just before that).  We jetted across the lake and when i got over 25mph the alarm went off (twice). Each time, i had to throttle all the way down to neutral for the alarm to go away. 

Monday, while doing some wind storm equipment recovery, i got the boat up to 35mph with no problem. 

The only difference....the surf band was not on the boat on Monday.  @agarabaghi might be onto something with the surf band battery.  Its very possible that a low battery is glitching the band and it could be attempting to send a surf right/left command. 

• 2 years later...

We got this surfgate error yesterday for the first time and it was the first time we used the wristband. 2020 LSV 23 that we bought in February. Low battery in wristband makes sense.