Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Malibu 21vlx navigation issues

Bushnell

Last summer I installed gps antenna and the navionics it worked for a bit then took to the dealer and it stopped working.  I just purchased new card thinking dealer somehow ruined card.  It is still not working says “no gps data”.  I have antenna installed and new card installed.  Anyone have this issue?  

The reason I ask is because I had the same issue on my ‘16. The update killed the use of the Navionics +. I think I went to the Platnium version. I’ve used it on my ‘17 and my ‘18. If it wasn’t so much trouble to pull it on the ‘18 I’d look at it. Some one with a ‘17 will chime in.

Here’s what I bought for my 2018 LSV. I bought direct from Navitronics because I was a bit uneasy about buying it from amazon. 

I bought the full US/Canada but could have saved $50 going for the region specific. 

B391466D-B776-4276-AFD9-CBA23CACC120.jpeg

I would contact Navionics and confirm which card they recommended. The original card I had was made incompatible with a Map update.. I had to buy the card I have now to get it to work again. @G Spot says they have a compatibility chart on their website as well. I have not updated my new card to anything newer than what came on the card. It’s got everything on it already