Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you warm engine if you can't disengage transmission?

The throttle lever at warm up was removed when they went to throttle by wire in 2008.

They initially came out with that option, but were recalled..if I remember, it was something about the transmission engaging when the revs increased..icbw

Malibu thought enough to put it back on.  Not sure what year it returned but my 2016 has it.  And I did like the ability to slightly increase rev in the driveway to see if my stereo whine was RPM dependent or not.  

9 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Malibu thought enough to put it back on.  Not sure what year it returned but my 2016 has it.  And I did like the ability to slightly increase rev in the driveway to see if my stereo whine was RPM dependent or not.  

Has nothing to do with Malibu - somewhere around 2013 they switched to using a Livorsi throttle that is used by many boat manufacturers.

So, there are enough non-normal uses for them that apparently they are on a lot of boats if Livorsi supplies a lot.  I for one am glad to have it.