Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat stalls

Could use a little group knowledge here!!  Just put the boat on the water, it’s a 2002 Sunscape LSV with EFI corvette LS1, and the boat stalled out at low speed three times.  We had slowly (night time) boated for 30 minutes to a restaurant, ate for 45 minutes, then started our slow troll home when the boat just stopped running.  It restarted and then died a little while later.  This happened 3 more times but we did make it home.  The gauges always worked when the key was on and they also went through their prestart movement during subsequent start attempts.  It did not seem to be an electrical interruption.  The next day I put in a new battery and some sea foam to go run it a bit and NADA!  Can’t even get a sputter.  I noticed that the fuel pump was not priming so I pulled it and cleaned up the lead wires.  The positive lead seemed to have generated some heat by the connector but I noticed this last season with no issues.  When I cut the wire to put on a new eyelet connector the inside of the wire seemed solid and good integrity.  I hooked the pump up to 12 volts using my wife’s jumper pack and sprayed down tailgate area with clean fuel lol.   I have read many threads and would I be advised to look closely at the oil pressure sensors? Like the ECM oil sensor?  By the way, I am not getting 12 volts at the pump leads. I have checked the lanyard with a meter and it checks closed at the wires.  Could this be an ignition switch issue?  I left my spark checker in a snowmobile but I tried checking spark with a multi meter by putting the pos in the boot and the neg on the plug while someone cranked it.  Tried on dc and ac but got nothing...I think that’s a good check? Any ideas here? Thanks in advance.

don

Did it stall when putting the boat in gear or just idling in gear? My old response use to stall when I put it in gear. I think it was because of the big 4 blade prop we had on it.

Edited by roeboat