Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 2011 LSV - first weekend questions

CJO78

2011%20LSV_zpsquyrgeui.jpg

Picked up 2011 LSV with 310 hours in the fall. I uploaded this photo but can't see it myself because it says I need to upgrade to 3rd party hosting?? Anyway, took boat out past few days for first time. We keep at Center Hill in TN. Ran great but have several questions.

Touch Screen - I read thread on this so sounds like it has been discussed a lot. Screen looks fine and engine start works fine each time but ran into issues turning engine off. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's the same button so not sure if I'm missing something. Several times I had to use the power button to completely shut down boat.

Sirius - Harmon Kardon stereo said Sirius ready but we couldn't get it to satellite mode to find out what our Sirius radio unit ID number is to add to my existing Sirius account. We could only toggle back and forth between AUX and radio.

We kept getting CAUTION AUTOMATIC BILGE PUMP signal on the top screen, we drained at end of day and didn't look like it had much water in it.

There is a high pitched noise that doesn't stop, it sounds like it is coming from in front of drivers seat. It's always on. When boat running or stereo on it can't be heard but when idling with music down or even parked with engine off it is quite annoying.

Any insight is appreciated, very excited to get my family on the water this summer.

For starters I would make sure you have the latest software update on your maliview system.  Your dealer can easily do this for you.  They update the versions to eliminate any bugs which could help your auto bilge on glitch and start/stop issue.  You can go into maliview and find out your latest version.  Its a simple USB stick plug in to update the software. 

I really appreciate the insight. I’m anal about having things working as I want so want to get these minor issues knocked out ASAP. Love the boat though, our last Boat was a 2000 Air Nautique direct drive so this is a nice step up. We’ve went boatless for the past 5 yrs but now that boys are 5 & 7 excited to be back on the water.

@CJO78 - I hope you don't mind the quick hijack.  I plan to be at Center Hill with an old family friend and will be taking mine down.  What's the water temp and debris situation look like down there?

I agree with the above and also suggest keeping a spare starting switch on board.  They apparently are not the best quality and can fail. 

@JeffK water felt great this weeekend, forgot what Boat temp read but everyone was in without much hesitation. It was a little chilly but nothing that needed a wetsuit. No debris in main channel, a little when I got way back in a few creeks. We are near Hurricane.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:45 AM, CJO78 said:

2011%20LSV_zpsquyrgeui.jpg

I uploaded this photo but can't see it myself because it says I need to upgrade to 3rd party hosting??

Welcome CJ!  It looks like you are a paid member of the crew so you don't need to use 3rd party hosting for pics.  Just resize them to <300KB and click on the "choose files" link at the bottom of the page.  It'll be easy from there.

Sounds like you may have a stuck bilge pump float.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:52 AM, JeffK said:

@CJO78 - I hope you don't mind the quick hijack.  I plan to be at Center Hill with an old family friend and will be taking mine down.  What's the water temp and debris situation look like down there?

I agree with the above and also suggest keeping a spare starting switch on board.  They apparently are not the best quality and can fail. 

Saw on a site last Friday that the surface temp at Center Hill was 77. I laughed and thought they must not have updated the site in a while but surely enough the water felt right about that if not a little bit cooler. BTW I usually ain't getting in the water if it's less than 70 degrees. The debris looked good they took the water down pretty early this year and most of the trash has already been washed out except for a couple of stragglers here and there. Where are you guys putting in at?

I honestly have no clue.  I am still awaiting the details.   A childhood friend invited me down to their house, but I don't have an address yet.   I'm a planner, so not knowing is definitely hard.  :)

If your touchscreen is acting up, see if the dealer you bought it from will replace it, or at the very least install the engine key backup. 2011 has no keyed backup. We didnt have an issue, since for me it went dead in the driveway, but not starting/shutting off was one of the last symptoms i had before the screen went totally dead.

And the bilge pump may not be stuck, ita at a funny angle, the float will sometimes move enough to send the message to the dash that it is on. There may or may not be any water in there at all, or at least thats how it works in our vtx. Took me a bunch of time to figure out, had to use a go pro to be sure.

I have a 2012 and after a run there is a high pitched sound that is not an alarm but I believe thats what your hearing. With mine  I only hear it when I slow from a cruising speed to idle and it lasts only for 30 seconds or so. Dealer said its normal.