Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
WaitNoPlsim

New Malibu owner- Are they good?

Recommended Posts

WaitNoPlsim

I’ve heard good and bad things about Malibu boats, but we bought one because they are a far better price than Nautique or Mastercraft (not to mention that every nautiques at my camp last year had a technical problem, and needed to be serviced multiple times)

the marina that we’re buying from is also very good.

 

the bottom line is, are they good boats? Do you like them?

Share this post


Link to post
WaitNoPlsim
4 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Seriously? This is your question on a Malibu boat forum?

Where else would I ask this? This seemed like the best place to ask 😕

Share this post


Link to post
jcon44

What boat did you buy, pics always help too? :) malibu is like all boat builders in that they are hand made which results in variation from model to model and boat to boat. So you are going to get mixed reviews from owners, same as any brand. There is always going to be one or two that just have issues, and Malibu builds more boats than the other big names so based on #'s alone there is more potential for those issues. Those volumes tend to help resale so you have that going for you. If you like your dealer than I would say you should be good, there are many many people who pic the boat based on the dealer and I get that, especially if you're buying new and under warranty. Anyway, welcome to the website and enjoy the boat, lots of knowledge on here to help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
onwi
14 minutes ago, WaitNoPlsim said:

Where else would I ask this? This seemed like the best place to ask 😕

There is no good place on the internet to ask that question.  You have either manufacturer specific forums, like this, or wakeworld where the opinions will be either love or hate based on ownership.  

Share this post


Link to post
UWSkier

What model and year? 

Generally they're great boats. Though asking that on this forum of Malibu lovers is like asking a chef if his food is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
WaitNoPlsim
13 minutes ago, jcon44 said:

What boat did you buy, pics always help too? :) malibu is like all boat builders in that they are hand made which results in variation from model to model and boat to boat. So you are going to get mixed reviews from owners, same as any brand. There is always going to be one or two that just have issues, and Malibu builds more boats than the other big names so based on #'s alone there is more potential for those issues. Those volumes tend to help resale so you have that going for you. If you like your dealer than I would say you should be good, there are many many people who pic the boat based on the dealer and I get that, especially if you're buying new and under warranty. Anyway, welcome to the website and enjoy the boat, lots of knowledge on here to help you out.

Thanks! I am getting a 2018 Malibu VTX 20

Share this post


Link to post
Pnwrider

New boats are not like new cars. Expect to have warranty issues. Don’t sweat about them. Just make a list for your dealer to take care of during the 10 hour service. 

Share this post


Link to post
boardjnky4

This forum can be quite hostile until you post pictures. I recommend posting picture ASAP.

The VTX is a great boat, you're going to enjoy the heck out of it.

Edited by boardjnky4

Share this post


Link to post
WaitNoPlsim
7 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

This forum can be quite hostile until you post pictures. I recommend posting picture ASAP.

The VTX is a great boat, you're going to enjoy the heck out of it.

I don’t have a picture yet, but I’m gonna see her for the first time on May long weekend! 

Share this post


Link to post
windy1

I went looking for a mastercraft many years ago and ended up with a Malibu. I'm now on my third Malibu

Share this post


Link to post
racer808
1 hour ago, WaitNoPlsim said:

I don’t have a picture yet,\

Just remember, if it ain't white, it ain't right

Share this post


Link to post
WaitNoPlsim
1 hour ago, racer808 said:

Just remember, if it ain't white, it ain't right

it’s sparkly turquoise, dark grey, light grey, and it has some white on the interior

Share this post


Link to post
Lees23

Share this post


Link to post
braindamage

VTX is advertised as the best crossover boat on the market right now. The ski snob will say it’s not as good as a direct drive and the surf snob will say it doesn’t throw a wake like a 25’ surf boat. 

It all depends on what you want. If you are looking to be able to do anything, then it’s probably the best option out there.

FWIW...If I was to buy a new Malibu, it would be the VTX, so from my perspective you’ve made a great choice. 🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Gavin17
23 hours ago, windy1 said:

I went looking for a mastercraft many years ago and ended up with a Malibu. I'm now on my third Malibu

Same here, but first Malibu.  If it sank tomorrow I'd be looking for the exact same boat or maybe an Axis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Nitrousbird

So you buy a $100,000 luxury item without thoroughly researching it?  Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Gavin17
1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

So you buy a $100,000 luxury item without thoroughly researching it?  Makes sense.

How the other half lives I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
bamaboy

I've trolled and posted on this site countless times and I thought I'd seen it all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...