Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing a 24 MXZ with Lincoln Navigator

Chappy

Hello All,

Looking for some input.  I have a 2015 Lincoln Navigator as my tow vehicle and it can tow my 2008 VLX no problem from a power standpoint but it does tend to sag in the back end more than I would like.  We are considering a newer 24 MXZ which is considerably larger and heavier.  I am not too concerned about the power and the Navigator is rated for 9000 lbs I am just worried about how much the back end is going to drop.  As much as I would love a legit tow vehicle, getting a new tow vehicle is not an option.  Is anyone else towing a 24 MXZ with Navigator or an Expedition? (pics would be great) Do you see any issues I should be aware of?  Is it even doable?  I do tend to tow over mountain passes and long distances in the summer.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Best,

I tow my 23 LSV with my 2012 Expedition and it does a good job.  It does have the factory air suspension which levels it out.  I also put some load range D tires on and that really helped to give a better tow.  I have towed it over many passes with no problems.  I am not sure the difference between pulling mine and the 24 MXZ but it would do a bit more.  

I thought the navigator had air suspension but I may be wrong. If it did that would totally help.  

Id bet the mxz is definitely creeping up on that 9000lb mark when completely loaded up. 

20 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

I thought the navigator had air suspension but I may be wrong. If it did that would totally help.  

Id bet the mxz is definitely creeping up on that 9000lb mark when completely loaded up. 

I have been told the newer ones after 2015 do not have air suspension.

30 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Buy some air bags. $300. That will solve your squat issue. 

Do you know if any that you would recommend?

I have Firestone air bags on a work van and they have held up well (over ten years).  My only complaint is they lose pressure over time, I wish I would have gotten the ones with an on board compressor.

https://www.amazon.com/Air-Lift-88204-LoadLifter-Ultimate/dp/B00IX0CQDS/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_pd_title

This is the one that I used on my 2015 GMC. Just find a similar one with good reviews.  I didn’t have a problem with air loss.  Install was really easy. I didn’t need the compressor, just used a bike pump,  super simple for as often as I towed  

I might look at a weight distributing hitch. Some are made for surge brakes but you need to look for that.  I think the Reese SC series are one of the setups but would may also need an adapter plate for the trailer. (  # RP58393, ) This does a much better job of distributing the weight of a heavy trailer over the entire vehicle .  The rear lift package is an option.