Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Soulcraft Owner

jammer

I recently purchased a Soulcraft Jordi Pro - 4'6"  and had the chance to run a few surf sets with it yesterday.  Summary: Very responsive, manageable, fast, fluid, and a ton of fun.  I'd say I'm currently an intermediate wakesurfer, and am confident this board will take my game to the next level.  Other go-to boards in my quiver include: Doomswell Neo, P5 Hammerhead, P5 Vibe, and Ronix Technora Powertail.   The SC Jordi Pro out surfs them all -- hands down.  I will continue to enjoy the Neo for surfing and the Hammerhead for skimming.  Thanks to Jeff Wahlers at Soulcraft for directing me to the right board and right size.  Also, props to Kevin Lepic at TheWakeShop in Seattlefor his vast wakesurf knowledge and Verne at TheWakeShop in Vineyard, UT for excellent service.  Eat beans this month and save money for a Soulcraft.  Happy surfing!

• Like 2

Congrats!  What size Neo do you have, and how does it compare to the Jordi?  I just picked up a 4'6" Neo, and I'm excited to try it.  I really like SC boards, but haven't wanted to shell out the $$ for one.

My Neo is a 4'6" as well.  I would recommend surfing it with all four fins, and then remove the two smaller fins -- it will provide a much looser, more "surfy" experience.  I really like the two fin setup on the Doomswell Neo.

• Like 2

The Neo and the Jordie Pro actually have a very similar shape. I started with Neo and bought the Soulcraft Jordie late last summer...its basically lighter, more responsive and releases easier for bigger airs and faster carving. Neo is probably a little faster if you do nothing but lean forward cause it has more volume and for that reason (plus price) better for beginners in my experience, the Neo helped me get to next level without a doubt...and the SC will keep the progression going but no matter what, to get better you gotta keep pushing yourself and trying new things, don't just sit behind the boat and ride along in the sweet spot.

I actually have 4" 8" in both (recently sold the Neo)....but as I have gotten better, I find that I actually prefer the 4' 6" (I am 5' 10" and 200lbs) cause I can throw it around a little better and air it higher tho I just ordered John John fins that should help make a difference on my 4' 8". Its a little more work to ride a smaller board but since that is the way I like to ride it works out well for me. Fins can actually totally change the feel of a board. Anyway....both boards are good choices IMO.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

The Neo and the Jordie Pro actually have a very similar shape. I started with Neo and bought the Soulcraft Jordie late last summer...its basically lighter, more responsive and releases easier for bigger airs and faster carving. Neo is probably a little faster if you do nothing but lean forward cause it has more volume and for that reason (plus price) better for beginners in my experience, the Neo helped me get to next level without a doubt...and the SC will keep the progression going but no matter what, to get better you gotta keep pushing yourself and trying new things, don't just sit behind the boat and ride along in the sweet spot.

I actually have 4" 8" in both (recently sold the Neo)....but as I have gotten better, I find that I actually prefer the 4' 6" (I am 5' 10" and 200lbs) cause I can throw it around a little better and air it higher tho I just ordered John John fins that should help make a difference on my 4' 8". Its a little more work to ride a smaller board but since that is the way I like to ride it works out well for me. Fins can actually totally change the feel of a board. Anyway....both boards are good choices IMO.

I agree. I spent a while researching fins and settled on the Blackstix EA's. They are awesome and I highly recommend them, better in every way than the WCT's I was riding before.