Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu stock

sonny20

43 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Sell!  Its a luxury item that has had good growth .. (conservative guy putting on his flame suit now)

Are you kidding? The growth in this country is off the charts, poorer people are going to start buying new and used boats, gas still relatively cheap , and the extra demand could only spell good fortune to a huge company bringing all output product main components (boat motor Trailer ) in house to increase per unit revenue.  If someone bought low and wanted to sell for profit , ok, but future value enhancement is sure to come

33 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Are you kidding? The growth in this country is off the charts, poorer people are going to start buying new and used boats, gas still relatively cheap , and the extra demand could only spell good fortune to a huge company bringing all output product main components (boat motor Trailer ) in house to increase per unit revenue.  If someone bought low and wanted to sell for profit , ok, but future value enhancement is sure to come

The growth in this country is largely being "funded" by cheap rates, and starting very soon, 5 year balloons on a LOT of commercial real estate and construction will be up for renewal.  We are in the top of the 9th in this run. 

Bringing in "main components" does absolutely zero to increase "revenue".  That would increase gross margin or net revenue, which is all fine and dandy, but luxury items are the first thing to get cut when we start turning south. 

Some say you can tell what phase of a growing economy you're by the size of contractors' boats.  In my area, they're getting very very big.

30 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Good!!i think no matter the circumstances we will go further and therefore so will luxury makers

Good?  So we're in the magical, never ending bull run for luxury items?  

I saw high gas prices slow down poorer users of boats on water more than the doldrums economy of the previous 8 years , with higher income potential comes the wealth status tgat goes with it, boats, cars, etc

gas prices will rise agsin due to demand of economy but supply should meet that snf keep prices stable .

evrn with that higher gas price, the income and status of the Lower levels climbing up will make tha a moot point and luxury will win

positive attitudes are everywhere 

Edited by granddaddy55

I’m on a poor man’s waterway , the Hispanic illegal and legal workers that cane to this area due to Katrina rebuilding are now new used boat owners for first time ever as older or younger people.

next I’ll see them rolling out their new boats and then their new ordered boats (positive thoughts), im not fir illegals, but they represent often the blue collar workers who are stepping up 

55 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Good?  So we're in the magical, never ending bull run for luxury items?  

Checked your profile based on avatar name and “owned a few boats “, my 3rd now and i footed behind my 1983 checkmate diplomat 17’ in 1985. Sound familiar , then the 20’ outboard fish and ski , wore that boat out doing both for 15 years, now the 1st inboard , sound familiar ????

no way it’s just  old farts getting to experience this , so will the new 20-40 something’s .

one problem , many of the younger we need for towed water sports don’t want it snd too lazy for it, but they will ride around and pull a tube with their friends   

I think 85 barefoot is right and its just a matter of time before the next crash. History repeats itself when nothing changes and nothing has changed and history always shows steep inclines just before the crash, not saying its hear yet but the fact that its going up is a sure sign that it WILL end at some point. Basically every 10-15yrs things peak and then turn down...some faster than others like what happened in 2008/2009. I think we have 2-3yrs max before things go to crap again and am planning for it. (I am a contractor BTW and got caught in the middle of the last crash with my pants down and lost everything so maybe my view is partly skewed due to learning the hard way). I did a lot of research on this issue, looking back at how history has worked and this time, I wont get complacent. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

I saw high gas prices slow down poorer users of boats on water more than the doldrums economy of the previous 8 years , with higher income potential comes the wealth status tgat goes with it, boats, cars, etc

gas prices will rise agsin due to demand of economy but supply should meet that snf keep prices stable .

evrn with that higher gas price, the income and status of the Lower levels climbing up will make tha a moot point and luxury will win

positive attitudes are everywhere 

I’m on a poor man’s waterway , the Hispanic illegal and legal workers that cane to this area due to Katrina rebuilding are now new used boat owners for first time ever as older or younger people.

next I’ll see them rolling out their new boats and then their new ordered boats (positive thoughts), im not fir illegals, but they represent often the blue collar workers who are stepping up 

Look at the boat flipping by same guys for heavens sake in this site

Checked your profile based on avatar name and “owned a few boats “, my 3rd now and i footed behind my 1983 checkmate diplomat 17’ in 1985. Sound familiar , then the 20’ outboard fish and ski , wore that boat out doing both for 15 years, now the 1st inboard , sound familiar ????

no way it’s just  old farts getting to experience this , so will the new 20-40 something’s .

one problem , many of the younger we need for towed water sports don’t want it snd too lazy for it, but they will ride around and pull a tube with their friends   

That's great you see a bunch of new people in used boats.  The fundamentals are still the same.  Malibu makes $100,000 boats and sells most of them to people who really don't NEED them, and most can't afford them.  When those same people, who are in an artificial euphoria about the health of the economy, can't afford their new payments on their 5 year balloons on commercial property, etc., the boat will get sold first.  Used market will substantially affect, if not crash, the new boat market.  Then, a few years later we will see epic growth again.  The illegal aliens with boats on your river don't change this cycle.  Hate to be real, but it's coming.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

How epic would it be if Malibu bought Mastercraft? I don't see that being feasible but it would make me smile.

I could see them going after a pontoon/deck boat company to diversify.

http://www.boat.com/news/malibu-announces-license-agreement-with-tige-boats

I didn't know Tige was paying royalties to Malibu too. They're getting payments from Nautique, Tige and Chaparral. Malibu's income will be great as long as surf boats keep selling, and I don't see that trend stopping anytime soon.

Edited by jaciche
Added content
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jaciche said:

http://www.boat.com/news/malibu-announces-license-agreement-with-tige-boats

I didn't know Tige was paying royalties to Malibu too. They're getting payments from Nautique, Tige and Chaparral. Malibu's income will be great as long as surf boats keep selling, and I don't see that trend stopping anytime soon.

IIRC, they are getting paid royalties from MC also.

49 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Clearly they are buyin heyday. 

Probably, or bankrupt Sea Ray for pennies on the dollar