Sign in to follow this  
LS-One

Fuel Injection Cleaners

LS-One

Hope this topic hasn't recently corvered and I overlooked it but, if ever stops raining I will pull out the boat and prepare it for summer.

What are the reccomendations for a quality fuel injection cleaner ?

Malibudoc

if you really do need one the TEchtron from chevron (cost about $6-9) is the ONLY one that has EVER worked. You are only to really use it every 3000 or more, even per recommendations. It is quality, but a little spendy!

Slider

Berrimans B-12 fuel injector cleaner seems to do a nice job.

Joe

Rod S

O.T. I pulled my injectors out and had them flow tested. Mine are all matched up so all static and dynamic flow was within <2% of each other. Usually, I think a 5% variance is just OK. All the spray patterns were uniform and looked good. Keep running the Techron!

UWSkier

Sea Foam. Best fuel additive I've tried bar none! Works great in sleds, outboards, trucks, and Indmars. :)

KTC
TEchtron from chevron (cost about $6-9) is the ONLY one that has EVER worked. You are only to really use it every 3000 or more

Costco has it sometimes and it is cheap in a 4 pack. Also, I pick up as much as I can when Kragen has it on sale. KC

Rod S
Sea Foam.  Best fuel additive I've tried bar none!  Works great in sleds, outboards, trucks, and Indmars.  :)

Yeah, and that stuff lets out this cool cloud of black smoke that fills the neighborhood. The next thing you know somebody has called the fire dept and they're coming down the street. Caution: Use only as directed.