Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Source for Marine inyl and Carpet

Fabricator909

Hey guys, found a local upholstery guy that will reskin the interior of my boat for $600, I just have to buy materials, and take them out. He does all the sewing and reskins them. So was wondering if anybody has recommendations on a source for the vinyl, I have found some Spradling stuff on ebay, just looking for a goto store for the stuff. Any recommendations on carpet? I see some guys really like the overtons stuff, but it looks like they don't have the 20 oz anymore, thought about going seadek or knockoff, but with little ones running around it would be almost pointless lol.

Also any ideas on what colors would update the interior? I was thinking of changing the black to black carbon fiber....

EgFgwSD.jpg

I’d say $600 is a real good deal. I did the same and paid about $900 several years ago. She quoted me $750 but I agreed to up the price after she shared how much more time it took due to the higher quality vinyl I bought. 

You guys seem to be the two echelon response gurus, any idea on what my boat is missing for the back driveline cover panel? The engine cover is attached to a piece of carpeted ply, buy I don't see anything that like the other echelon/responses I've seen on the forum, where there is the latched cover, and then a small strip of flooring between the latched cover and the engine house. I don't see anything cut?lfNMi3S.jpgcrlOxYc.jpg  @Woodski @Michigan boarder

I'm guessing that there was a honeycomb aluminum panel that got crushed down from usage, and they replaced it with plywood.  Maybe they cut it a bit short?  It would look better trimmed with aluminum on the edges.

On the vinyl, no idea.  I would go with what the installer recommends, likely he knows the materials the best since he has worked with them.

Carpet - have you scrubbed it?  They usually clean up pretty well.  If it's just plain shot - I'd go with the seadeck knockoff for sure.

BTW - $600 is a good price!  If I were re-doing my interior, I would put some vinyl on the seat backs that has vertical lines and keep the seat bases two tone.  Here's a pic of my interior, no vertical lines but I would add them inside those coves of the seat backs.

post-8942-026567900%201294928894_thumb.jpg

Also - stainless cup holders make a big difference, it will make your new vinyl look great.

@Fabricator909:  Agree with @Michigan boarder that your rudder cover panel is not original, Malibu did not use plywood as a core material nor would they simply have done a carpet over plywood configuration.  I don't recall the HDS setup being a '94 introduction, I recall it being after that, your HIN # will indicate build year.

My suggestion would be to either try to find an original configuration panel (that will be very difficult) or simply make a replacement out of wood free materials.  That panel would be core material with a fiberglass overlay, Corecell or Divinycell for the core with a fiberglass / epoxy overlay.   Jamestown Distributors will have the materials, instructional videos and lots of info for a project like that.  If my boat, I would split the panel to make an easy to open / remove rudder cover panel and then secure a narrow panel where the engine box bolts to for more stability / integrity.  You can probably get some ideas by hitting the resource section on this site and going through the owners manuals to get some good pictures.