Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Advice for stiffer, close toe bindings?

ibelonginprison

I ride the hyperlite System bindings. They are awesome. Not sure I would go back to the closed toe on the board type bindings. 

I did blow out one of the boots 2 years ago and had to buy a new set after 3 seasons. I have 2 sets in the boat now so one person can get in the boots while someone is riding. 

http://www.hyperlite.com/en/products/wakeboard-boots

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 12:54 PM, t a said:

On the parks? Yes they are much better than the Preston’s.  I wear an 11 shoe and went with 11 binding on the parks.  On the Preston’s I was forced to go up to a 12.  I’m not sure how much they’ll pack out, 1/2 size you’re prob ok but a full size I wouldn’t count on it.

Parks vs RXT? Any insight?

Used to ride Parks, now I ride RXTs.  Both are soft, both have the same liner.  I love my RXTs.  I wear a 12 for both boot.  I wear 12 typically in shoes, some 13s.  

1 hour ago, onwi said:

Used to ride Parks, now I ride RXTs.  Both are soft, both have the same liner.  I love my RXTs.  I wear a 12 for both boot.  I wear 12 typically in shoes, some 13s.  

Why did you switch?  Wife isn't going to be happy with a second set of bindings this year.  A third set is out of the question.  Need to get it right this time.

I was excited to try the new model.  I knew they were both soft, but Ronix advertised some additional heel control that I thought was lacking in my Parks boots.  

I hate both @onwi and @t a. Just ordered a pair of parks this morning... Thanks for the recommendation.  Did you guys heat mold the liner?  If, so are there instructions in the box?

41 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I hate both @onwi and @t a. Just ordered a pair of parks this morning... Thanks for the recommendation.  Did you guys heat mold the liner?  If, so are there instructions in the box?

Lol...I just heat it up with hair dryer on hot for like 5-10 min, then put foot in and tighten. Don’t walk in them just stand or sit  in a position similar to how you’d be riding till they cool off.  

I just slapped them on and rode.  Shops will have the intuition heat mold machines, but they conformed to my foot after riding either way.

• Like 2