Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

The wireless charging stations are an option but you won’t see them listed as a stand-alone option. On the 25 LSV they are attached to the  Sport Dash w/ Rotary VDC 4-way Joystick option. 

Here are two snips showing the Cockpit Options from a 23 LSV build sheet (top) and a 25 LSV build sheet (bottom) highlighting the Sport Dash option. Note the difference in wording and price. 

This info is accurate as of a couple months ago. It’s possible they have made the wireless charging stations available to other models by now. But when I got my build sheets it was only available on the 25. 

3676097A-C313-48EE-A963-F7B150B313E9.jpeg

CFD03769-1DCB-43F5-9C4A-AE6FBA243162.jpeg

It is now available on all models except the TXi, but does need to be ordered with the Sport Dash. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I should have revealed my source, the salesmen at Boulder Boats.  The early 19 that I was on did not have them, but they said they would be there from here on out.  I may have misspoken about all models, but I am sure they said it would be standard on all surf barges.  

I don't know about you all, but my phone is always charged so I don't really need it. It is my teenager and his friends that are always needing a charge, but two of the docking stations are in the helms seat and one in the glove box. I was hoping that the side panels would have had them too.

Edited by bbattiste247
Me stupid
13 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I don't know about you all, but my phone is always charged so I don't really need it. It is my teenager and his friends that are always needing a charge, but two of the docking stations are in the helms seat and one in the glove box. I was hoping that the side panels would have had them too.

Are they putting their phones down and willing to wait for a wireless charge?  I think USB outlets are way more valuable in that respect.  IMHO YMMV etc etc.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Are they putting their phones down and willing to wait for a wireless charge?  I think USB outlets are way more valuable in that respect.  IMHO YMMV etc etc.

You're right. My son thinks the innovation is cool, but he can't be away from his phone long enough to allow it to charge. I'll lay it in the charger while he surfs.

be curious what speed pads they have in them, i highly doubt they are 7.5w wireless charging pads and in that case will be worthless for most people except the driver would can put his phone down while playing music and focus on driving the boat. 

The walkthrough that AWS did on the new 25 showed a whole bunch of USB ports as well.    So if you can keep a cable on it, it can charge.  I hope they were smart enough to make them more than 2 Amp USB ports, those seem to mostly just keep my phone from decreasing, barely increasing the charge.  

Now I see why I thought the wireless stations were standard...it appears they are included with the joystick, which Boulder says they order on every boat.  So for them it is a standard feature.  

Edited by TallRedRider
2 minutes ago, lerch said:

How is “driver seat swivel and slide” a $450 option for 19?  Is the seat attached to a fixed base if that box is not checked?

'Zactly.  I was astonished to find a swiveling seat is not a standard option.  I am tempted to get snarky and wonder if the steering wheel is considered standard.  I like that they have lots of options for customization, but it seems that they have gone overboard by not including a few obvious features.  

For the USB ports if they aren’t going to bump up the power id rather just have 12v plugs and go to Best Buy and get decent usd adapters. 

Options are options. Make them standard and you will pay for them anyways just not as an option. Look at centurion for example, simple things like ballast or even quick surf aren’t standard. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
32 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

The walkthrough that AWS did on the new 25 showed a whole bunch of USB ports as well.    So if you can keep a cable on it, it can charge.  I hope they were smart enough to make them more than 2 Amp USB ports, those seem to mostly just keep my phone from decreasing, barely increasing the charge.  

Now I see why I thought the wireless stations were standard...it appears they are included with the joystick, which Boulder says they order on every boat.  So for them it is a standard feature.  

That’s still not true. There are two sport dash options. As @IXFE just showed us there is One with the charging stations and one without. 

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

'Zactly.  I was astonished to find a swiveling seat is not a standard option.  I am tempted to get snarky and wonder if the steering wheel is considered standard.  I like that they have lots of options for customization, but it seems that they have gone overboard by not including a few obvious features.  

Do we know if the power seat is standard now?  It might be that to have a power raising seat, with swivel and such, may require some additional hardware.  Additionally, didn't they open up the seat to be able to turn your body around without having to turn the whole seat?

10 minutes ago, JeffK said:

Do we know if the power seat is standard now?  It might be that to have a power raising seat, with swivel and such, may require some additional hardware.  Additionally, didn't they open up the seat to be able to turn your body around without having to turn the whole seat?

Power seat is still an option but requires the swivel slide option to be selected too. 

23 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That’s still not true. There are two sport dash options. As @IXFE just showed us there is One with the charging stations and one without. 

So now we are saying that there are options for a joystick with and without free wireless charging stations?   I guess I would take the free wireless charging stations.  I guess others are free to choose without them, although they don't seem to take any space or have any downside.   I am betting that IXFE's dealer just hadn't fully updated options, or it was not an option on smaller boats when he got his quote.  

I admit it is worded a little strange and it looks weird that the wireless charging stations are given a $0 price tag when the quote clearly says 'joystick with wireless charging stations'.  

This is from my 23 LSV quote:  

20181107_130837.jpg

1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

be curious what speed pads they have in them, i highly doubt they are 7.5w wireless charging pads and in that case will be worthless for most people except the driver would can put his phone down while playing music and focus on driving the boat. 

7.5w is about worthless with todays big screen phones, maybe if your stuck with iphone 5s or something, or your willing to wait all day to charge. can the new X accept wireless fast charging yet or is that still limited to Samsung. One might think for the price they would throw an extra $10 and put some 15w chargers in.. 

9 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

So now we are saying that there are options for a joystick with and without free wireless charging stations?   I guess I would take the free wireless charging stations.  I guess others are free to choose without them, although they don't seem to take any space or have any downside.   I am betting that IXFE's dealer just hadn't fully updated options, or it was not an option on smaller boats when he got his quote.  

I admit it is worded a little strange and it looks weird that the wireless charging stations are given a $0 price tag when the quote clearly says 'joystick with wireless charging stations'.  

20181107_130837.jpg

The 00 is just the rest of the $500.00 for the Sport Dash in that picture. 

4 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to fill the new ballast system in 2019?  It's great to hear than the new system also monitors the levels for the extra bags in the rear.  I hope they have done something about 15+ minutes it takes to fill all ballast full.

you do know this is a very sore subject for the 25 and thus it will be ignored right? 

6 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

you do know this is a very sore subject for the 25 and thus it will be ignored right? 

I don't think there's been any change to the filling system from the 18 to 19 models, although I don't recall if that was also the same as in your 2016 too @Dfowkes. Still hoping to get out on the AWS 25 this fall and I'll check the fill times.

25 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

7.5w is about worthless with todays big screen phones, maybe if your stuck with iphone 5s or something, or your willing to wait all day to charge. can the new X accept wireless fast charging yet or is that still limited to Samsung. One might think for the price they would throw an extra $10 and put some 15w chargers in.. 

The Xs and XsMax and Xr both accept "faster" wireless charging than the previous X but not actual specs. 

Even then i dont think wireless is fast enoguh with the amount instagraming and photos people are always taking on the boat, theres no way the phone will be set down and never touched.... while when its plugged in people can continue to snap / chat / insta / text away!

• Like 3

I’ve got the new Xs with my mophie wireless charger that’s supports fast charging it’s not really that fast, faster than standard tho. The thing I don’t like about wireless is the fact you gotta have it on this pad.    Now I’ve got a USB C Mac charger and a USB C lightening cable and it’s freaky fast. 

4 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

For the USB ports if they aren’t going to bump up the power id rather just have 12v plugs and go to Best Buy and get decent usd adapters. 

Options are options. Make them standard and you will pay for them anyways just not as an option. Look at centurion for example, simple things like ballast or even quick surf aren’t standard. 

Ballast, wedge, surfgate - all options on Bu as well.  

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

20181107_130837.jpg

It’s not free. The option with the charging stations is more. I really don’t know how else to explain this to you as it’s been spelled out in black in white quite a few times in the last page. Unless Malibu made a very recent change to make it standard with the sport dash. 

• Like 1

A good wireless charger with an iPhone X...(this has no reflection of how the Malibu system does as I have not seen one in person)

23% Battery - start of charging cycle

54% Battery - 1 hour on charger

86% Battery - 2 hours on charger

97% Battery - 2.5 hours on charger

100% Battery - 2hrs 53 mins on charger

As I have said else where, if you put your phone in the phone holder in the sport dash while driving and during your normal day on the lake I think the wireless charging is great.  Wires are annoying to me while in the captains chair so a sport dash with charging is well worth it to me.  Wireless charging else where in the boat.......probably not as much of a benefit.  So this really only helps the boat captain.  The other passengers in the boat, especially kids, are handling their phones much more frequently.  Maybe if you converted some cup holders to wireless chargers then maybe?