Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I saw that boat as well, I have since lost where it was. When I ordered my '19 23LSV, it wasn't on my order sheet. Might be a late option but I suspect it was a dealer instal. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I saw that boat as well, I have since lost where it was. When I ordered my '19 23LSV, it wasn't on my order sheet. Might be a late option but I suspect it was a dealer instal. 

What colors we looking at this year?

14 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

This is a recent change. When I ordered mine it was only available on the 25LSV.

Maybe the M5DI/M6DI is next.

That same 23 with the step has the Malibu motor...

3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

This is a recent change. When I ordered mine it was only available on the 25LSV.

Maybe the M5DI/M6DI is next.

I think the M5/M6 will be open to most hulls by the end of the year if not the end of this month.  This was a concern for me when considering the 22LSV.  

On 11/5/2018 at 8:52 AM, eubanks said:

Anybody know if the platform step and wireless charging are going to be available options in the 23?

I was told the wireless charging stations are standard across all models.  

ahopkins22LSV
38 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I was told the wireless charging stations are standard across all models.  

Negative. It is an option. And to be honest I’m not sure it’s across all models. We ordered our vtx too early for me to know to look. Our dealer didn’t even know about them yet. 

55 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Negative. It is an option. And to be honest I’m not sure it’s across all models. We ordered our vtx too early for me to know to look. Our dealer didn’t even know about them yet. 

It is an option. I had to purchase it on my 2019 25 lsv, and I believe it is only available on the 25 lsv. I can't say for sure, but I heard nothing of it until they came out with the redesign of the 2019 25 and the 25 came out after the other boats.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
45 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

It is an option. I had to purchase it on my 2019 25 lsv, and I believe it is only available on the 25 lsv. I can't say for sure, but I heard nothing of it until they came out with the redesign of the 2019 25 and the 25 came out after the other boats.

Yeah I know it’s an option in the 25 and I believe the 24 mxz too. At least the 24 they used for riders experience had them. That was an early boat for the photo shoot though so it’s not necessary built as they are in production. I’d guess they are an option on everything but the TXi, 21 VLX/MLX and maybe even the VTX. 22 LSV/MXZ and up I’d imagine it’s an option. 

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
17 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah I know it’s an option in the 25 and I believe the 24 mxz too. At least the 24 they used for riders experience had them. That was an early boat for the photo shoot though so it’s not necessary built as they are in production. I’d guess they are an option on everything but the TXi, 21 VLX/MLX and maybe even the VTX. 22 LSV/MXZ and up I’d imagine it’s an option. 

I should have revealed my source, the salesmen at Boulder Boats.  The early 19 that I was on did not have them, but they said they would be there from here on out.  I may have misspoken about all models, but I am sure they said it would be standard on all surf barges.  

ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I should have revealed my source, the salesmen at Boulder Boats.  The early 19 that I was on did not have them, but they said they would be there from here on out.  I may have misspoken about all models, but I am sure they said it would be standard on all surf barges.  

Ok well I ordered a 19... and have helped a few others with their orders as well. As of two weeks ago, it was an option. Has that changed? Maybe. Maybe boulder is just electing to have the option on all of their boats... :dontknow: 

2 minutes ago, semi said:

What if the swim step is left down accidentally and you take off or worse go in reverse? Any failsafes? 

You would end up with an even better surf wave! :crazy:

are there any issues with the teak flooring pealing up around the edges? the fiberglass floor itself is textured for the most part (apart from the edges) and i'm wondering how it sticks well since the floor is not perfectly smooth? that was my fear with kids / shoes toys that some edges would get wet and start to loose their stickyness and peal up? Is it glued down or is it just some expensive peel/stick style 3M backing?

Edited by The Hulk

The wireless charging stations are an option but you won’t see them listed as a stand-alone option. On the 25 LSV they are attached to the  Sport Dash w/ Rotary VDC 4-way Joystick option. 

Here are two snips showing the Cockpit Options from a 23 LSV build sheet (top) and a 25 LSV build sheet (bottom) highlighting the Sport Dash option. Note the difference in wording and price. 

This info is accurate as of a couple months ago. It’s possible they have made the wireless charging stations available to other models by now. But when I got my build sheets it was only available on the 25. 

3676097A-C313-48EE-A963-F7B150B313E9.jpeg

CFD03769-1DCB-43F5-9C4A-AE6FBA243162.jpeg

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long it takes to fill the new ballast system in 2019?  It's great to hear than the new system also monitors the levels for the extra bags in the rear.  I hope they have done something about 15+ minutes it takes to fill all ballast full.