Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I will apologize to hulk some, it does look like the G4 is harder to get a good "vertical" seal, harder than the G3.5 and axis, anyway.  However, I still think properly fitted, his cover won't pool or leak.

9 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

These guys down at freedom wake park don’t seem to have a problem in Florida rain with the 25.... 

https://imgur.com/gallery/2a9J78H

Good lord that's a lot of hanging.

Seems they have two poles in rear?

I personally have the  biggest Issue that I hate rain in the boat and when I trailer its gauranteed to rain . Leave at dealer all covered and wet.. so it doesnt dry out / air out well.. 

Hate leaving Tower up on road especially being white it becomes a mess.. the texture on powder coat doesn't help on g4 tower either

Again the issue is water rolls up and over the black leather upward portion around tower areas on heavy rains it rolls down fast up and over and in . Seats and under seats are filled with water after heavy downpour.. every time 

One pole in rear doesn't work well, in the large area.. the fact cover comes way down over front bow nicely, but its about impossible to keep it below the rub rail on middle rear when u tighten.. I can't be the only one.. at the lot I briefly looked at 20 boats all same issue, mostly new.. 

Just saying one might think a decent cover for the price.. stock is crap and i only use it 2x a year when it's not under the lift. 

Edited by The Hulk
11 hours ago, chantel said:

Those openings have zippers so you can close them up if you only have 2 racks.

Confused .. u mean the cover is shaped for quad racks? Or there is openings for the racks? And if so why? Who would cover with boards on racks? 

29 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Confused .. u mean the cover is shaped for quad racks? Or there is openings for the racks? And if so why? Who would cover with boards on racks? 

I believe the racks stick thru the cover when the tower is down. When I first saw the covers at the dealership I was like nice racks. 

2 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

I believe the racks stick thru the cover when the tower is down. When I first saw the covers at the dealership I was like nice racks. 

Why on Earth would u want racks out if they could be covered especially in the down position?

3 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Why on Earth would u want racks out if they could be covered especially in the down position?

Now that is a good question. I just remember seeing folded towers, covered with racks sticking upwards.  Maybe they would wear through the cover otherwise when towing. 

Also.. this is kind of funny.. I would assume no pooling when u have bimni up protecting the most vulnerable large problematic area..

also you can see right here around his Tower he doesn't have the tower lip up very well so if it did rain hard without his Bimini it would be going in around here.. anyways this is a nonsense post /claim because his Bimini's up.. tower lip needs to be taller to prevent water rushing over and into boat, especially when u have stock with only one rear pole and hanger rope.. all water is sent towards tower.. 

Also as u can see the buckle strap below Tower this is the area that always gets pulled up and iver rub rail, about impossible to keep it below without the top being too loose. Any wind and it will pull it up and over rub rail, 

Temp solution will be to ad a loop to cover in this area and add strap down to trailer.. 

Screenshot_20181010-100158_Chrome.jpg

Edited by The Hulk

The newer (2018+) Malibu stock covers for a G4 actually extend up the tower above the red circle in the photo that @The Hulk just posted -- it wraps up above the "square" portion of the tower.  It's a much better solution than what he has (and I have in my '15) with the meager collar at the base of the tower.  I know you will think I am CRAZY, but I just purchased a new cover from Malibu with this improved solution -- awaiting delivery within the next week -- I'll post pictures then.  The few things that sold me on buying another Malibu cover include: (1) it's very lightweight -- you can manage the cover by yourself; (2) I really like the ratchet system -- easy to cover your boat quickly; (3) Evolution delivery is out so far in the future that my boat would be at risk too long.

I trailer from SLC to Lake Powell four times a year and locally to neighboring reservoirs.  My first cover lasted me four seasons, and hope to get the same out of this new cover -- but without the tower area leaking as so many have noted in this thread.  Don't hate on me -- just sharing!

Newbie Advise , Hi Guys We have a 2019 MXZ  ordered, we did order with a PCM 409hp Engine but have just been offered the choice of the new Malibu 6.2DI for no extra charge . not sure which to go for .

Thanks Lucas

1 minute ago, Brantb said:

I would take that 6.2DI motor. Still going to have a great warranty but more HP/TQ and less fuel consumption

Thats what there telling me 450hp ? they said its been running in the 2019 25LSV they are using in there photo shoots and has great fuel economy , I am interested in the noise levels would anyone know if it will be quieter than the Raptor Engine .

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Newbie Advise , Hi Guys We have a 2019 MXZ  ordered, we did order with a PCM 409hp Engine but have just been offered the choice of the new Malibu 6.2DI for no extra charge . not sure which to go for .

Thanks Lucas

No brainer!

24 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Thats what there telling me 450hp ? they said its been running in the 2019 25LSV they are using in there photo shoots and has great fuel economy , I am interested in the noise levels would anyone know if it will be quieter than the Raptor Engine .

Thanks 

I dont have personal experience with the new motor but i remember a post where someone said that it was very quiet. I went on a demo that had the raptor motor and i would imagine just about anything being quieter than that motor.

EDIT: There are no raptor motors in 19s, are you referring to experience in a previous model?

Edited by Brantb
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Brantb said:

I dont have personal experience with the new motor but i remember a post where someone said that it was very quiet. I went on a demo that had the raptor motor and i would imagine just about anything being quieter than that motor.

EDIT: There are no raptor motors in 19s, are you referring to experience in a previous model?

This Is our First Malibu and the demo boat was a 2018 22 MXZ which had a Raptor Engine . It was noticeably load but was told  that our order wouldn't have the Raptor as its discontinued but would be fitted with the  PCM which was quieter, But last week  they called my Dad and offered it with the new malibu engine . He,s Opted for the Malibu Engine I just wanted to make sure he done the right thing as its me that rides behind it and cleans it LOL 

thanks 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, LucasC said:

Thanks 

450 tq.

A LOT quieter.