Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

51 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Whats with the gate?

It keeps the kids from going way out on the dock in the deeper water area..  too far away.. we had an incident a few years back and don't want to revisit that situation.. when you're sitting on Shore it's better to keep the toddlers in close view.. kids aren't allowed to step outside without their life jackets on even when playing in the yard.. gate is an extra security measure so they don't go out deep and accidentally fall off the dock or something.. several kids running around last thing I need is a kid or two a hundred and forty feet out on the dock and others close to Shore... Too large of a spread to pay attention and watch everything if you catch my drift.. 

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 3

How deep is the water before the gate?  

We have the same life jacket policy.  If our little guy wants to go down to the dock area, the jacket must be on at all times.  We started it from day one, and he asks for it now.  

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing you story.    It almost needs is own thread.    I have often caught all adults at the pool/lake just assuming the other is watching.  We've had some close calls, but nothing quite like that.  

We are strict about jackets on too, but getting a little more relaxed at the docks.   All 3 kids can swim now, but the youngest is still 3.  Generally jackets are on, but we may walk without them to the boat where they are stored now, where before, they had to be on from land to the dock.  

Tough thing now is my 8 year old is a very strong swimmer and technically now an "adult" as far as jacket rules go form the water patrol.    We plan to keep her in one, but I'm sure the time is coming when she starts wondering why she is still in one just riding in the boat when other friends may not be that she knows.   

As for flipping, I feel @The Hulkand @IXFE.    I have been seriously wondering why we have a boat at times as it gets used less and less with kids activities and I even struggle between weather and riding partners to get out.  But, I LOVE when I'm on it.    And just as I wonder if I should sell the boat, I'm also thinking about calling my dealer and seeing about getting a 2019.   lol.    And through the winter, I was seriously debating starting to flip yearly.   Just weighing how much of a hobby I want out of that vs. just the little hassles of new title and registration, insurance, etc. each year.   

I hope 2019 brings something big.  Frankly, we love our 2016 so much, it is  tough to figure out why we would really upgrade.  New hull would be nice on the LSV, but we can't outsurf the wave we are pm, so does it really matter?   

In terms of features, Malibu has had a few "gamechangers" in recent years that could really make you eye new boats (surfgate, PW2, new dash, etc.). I hope they come out with something in 2019 that really makes me want to upgrade.  I like all thew new features and the lineup in 2017, but nothing I love so much to really make we want to jump into a new one.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

All 3 kids can swim now@The Hulk@IXFE

Really nice the 3 year old can swim.  Good job parents.  My issue is elder adults that can not swim nearly as well nor long as the kids are able to.  Getting them to wear a life jacket is near impossible.

2 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Really nice the 3 year old can swim.  Good job parents.  My issue is elder adults that can not swim nearly as well nor long as the kids are able to.  Getting them to wear a life jacket is near impossible.

My wife considers swimming a life skill, and even more so with our pool and lake addictions. The 3 year old isn’t a strong swimmer, but she can get around a bit.  I worry about the random things you always hear about - the tri athlete that drowns, etc.  You jump in the water and never know when a muscle will cramp or something else may happen. 

So, we got swimmers, but not even my 8 year old can ride a bike yet.  Working on that.... #parentingfail

• Like 3
14 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

Can you just tell me if it’s worth selling my 16 23 LSV this year and buying my dealers first 19 25 LSV. lol. I don’t need specifics. Lol

Yes

32 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

- the tri athlete that drowns, etc. 

Down the shore from us about 400 yards, two summers ago, a 17 year old high school basketball and football star (yes, star - he was in the paper etc.) drowned because his friends all dove off the dock and swam to a swim raft.  Apparently (no one saw because he was last in line) he dove off and floundered and died because he had never learned how to swim.  They were all "frolicking" and did not miss him for 10 minutes or so.  He was probably too embarrassed to say anything about not swimming.  "It looks so easy for a jock like me."  Nothing wrong but water in his lungs at autopsy. 

Ask new guests privately and nicely if they have swum in the last year or so.

• Like 2

We put the kids in swim lessons our 1 yr old will start survival floating lessons.. they start them as young as 6 mo old..  crazy! But awesome.. it's called ISR if anyone interested.. worth every penny.. I think drowning is the number one or number to death of children under the age of 5 or something of the sort..

Back to upgrading yes I am like you unless something truly game-changing comes out I can't see upgrading in the time being just so much of a hassle.. and it when comes time maybe in advance I will talk to a dealer about running a 25 as a demo in purchasing it at the end of the year after bugs are worked out to save me the time and hassle... The Power Tower is of greatest interest at the moment.. if they do a whole change I can see them making the boat a little deeper maybe adding a little bit more subfloor would be nice on the 25

Okay I was hyped all day to get my first surf in tonight have a few people lined up one by one they will bailed this afternoon.. how hard is it to get somebody to want to surf??... Mid 80s beautiful and calm... Can't wait till the kids are teenagers and they can drive the boat! 

• Like 4
ahopkins22LSV
10 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Okay I was hyped all day to get my first surf in tonight have a few people lined up one by one they will bailed this afternoon.. how hard is it to get somebody to want to surf??... Mid 80s beautiful and calm... Can't wait till the kids are teenagers and they can drive the boat! 

Bring that beast back up to White Lake, I’ll surf!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, hethj7 said:

My wife considers swimming a life skill, and even more so with our pool and lake addictions. The 3 year old isn’t a strong swimmer, but she can get around a bit.  I worry about the random things you always hear about - the tri athlete that drowns, etc.  You jump in the water and never know when a muscle will cramp or something else may happen. 

So, we got swimmers, but not even my 8 year old can ride a bike yet.  Working on that.... #parentingfail

Riding a bike is not important when you have a 23LSV

Trust me 2019 is gonna be good. We have already discussed my boat for 2019 and there’s some good stuff coming.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, The Hulk said:

That’s the worst. Do people not care or do they not understand? I’m only about an hour away from you if you need a third. 

1 hour ago, hunter77ah said:

That’s the worst. Do people not care or do they not understand? I’m only about an hour away from you if you need a third. 

Yea i was PO'd to say the least..who backs out on surfing?.. i'll have to find some "millennial friends"...that way they are always available... 

come on down anytime! trying to talk the other half into THR or FRI as surf nights... floating barge on the lake has great steaks and burgers... grab food then ride till dark! 

New P5 MVP just in, and SC should be shipping the custom next week!

2019 Updates. i think i'm going to have to wait for a "game changer" before the upgrade again, hopefully it will happen within the next 2 yrs as i'd like to upgrade with 1yr warranty left on mine or is it better to let i go the full term? i was thinking resale would be better or more attractive to the next guy if a year was left? i'd probably trade in with dealer rather than mess with selling by owner. may be difficult in my local area to flip a 25lsv, most would go for a 23 on these lakes... Also probably need to meet with some dealers before hand in the next year or so on the possibility of putting a show stopper package and letting them use it as demo all season or till 50hrs and getting a deal on it with all bugs worked out etc.. 

Power tower and bow thrusters are of great interest for me on the 25, and if they make the boat taller/deeper with more sub-floor center ballast. this thing really needs more center tank weight when running a light crew...although i doubt many ppl buy a 25 and surf with 3-4ppl 

Edited by The Hulk
13 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

I think you'll get thrusters, or the option to get them on the bigger models.  They didn't market it much, but it was available for the 2018 24 MXZ.   

At a VERY hefty price.  $12500 MSRP.  Hopefully the prices are more realistic.

Any changes to the phone holder bracket on the sport dash?  I need to find out when that design is going to change.  2019, ‘20,21’, etc.??  

I want to make some Qi wireless dashes, but not doing it if my design becomes obsolete in less than a month.  

34 minutes ago, Kblagg said:

At a VERY hefty price.  $12500 MSRP.  Hopefully the prices are more realistic.

am i correct there is one toooooo many zeros in that price????? surely not worth that... $1500-2k ok i can see it... 12.5k? noooooo for that one could bolt on their own

21 minutes ago, D_Turner said:

Any changes to the phone holder bracket on the sport dash?  I need to find out when that design is going to change.  2019, ‘20,21’, etc.??  

I want to make some Qi wireless dashes, but not doing it if my design becomes obsolete in less than a month.  

thats probably the delay they are trying to read through your write up.... its a NEED not a want option in my opinion... after all it is....2019 already.. Qi has been out for how long now?....now if only the boating industry could catch up and possibly do something smarter than the auto-industry.....design holders and Qi chargers to work/fit a phone WITH A CASE!!!!! seriously who doesn't have a case on their phone...

Edited by The Hulk
10 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

thats probably the delay they are trying to read through your write up.... its a NEED not a want option in my opinion... after all it is....2019 already.. Qi has been out for how long now?....now if only the boating industry could catch up and possibly do something smarter than the auto-industry.....design holders and Qi chargers to work/fit a phone WITH A CASE!!!!! seriously who doesn't have a case on their phone...

No joke... I have yet to demo a car with wireless charging that actually works with my iPhone 8+ / Spigen case. However, I have a $15 no-name wireless charger on my desk from Amazon that is amazing. 

Its always fun to see the car salesmen fumble around trying to show me how cool wireless charging is... “Uh, for some reason it’s not working right now...”

Seems like it could be a pretty easy add to the boat. The tech isn’t rocket science. I have a couple power bricks that are wireless chargers and they were free corporate give aways (ie junk) but they work great! 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

am i correct there is one toooooo many zeros in that price????? surely not worth that... $1500-2k ok i can see it... 12.5k? noooooo for that one could bolt on their own

Unfortunately not, at least based on what SeeDealerCost shows:

image.thumb.png.ade89520e635ae3436e3803f1d413daf.png