Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

5 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

So now we are saying that there are options for a joystick with and without free wireless charging stations?   I guess I would take the free wireless charging stations.  I guess others are free to choose without them, although they don't seem to take any space or have any downside.   I am betting that IXFE's dealer just hadn't fully updated options, or it was not an option on smaller boats when he got his quote.  

I admit it is worded a little strange and it looks weird that the wireless charging stations are given a $0 price tag when the quote clearly says 'joystick with wireless charging stations'.  

This is from my 23 LSV quote:  

20181107_130837.jpg

It just amazes me that 3 pairs of cleats is $500 msrp. 

• Like 2

Before Anyone reads this and gets their knickers in a bunch, I know that any said boat will cost what it costs based on the options selected and Malibu isn't the most expensive boat made buuuuuuuuuuut I was shocked at how many "options" I had to choose on the malibu build sheets to make it what I would consider a standard boat (I am also aware that a standard boat to me isn't necessarily standard to someone else).  There is just something mental about having to choose all of the ballast options that make the surf boat an actual surf boat.  I know this has been said before but who orders an lsv or mxz without the wedge, ballast, surfgate?  Also, who orders a boat without cleats?  I guess maybe a boat that lives on a lift?  It made me feel like I was being nickel and dimed to death, even though I knew what the end result was going to be and that it would be cheaper than say another brand that builds a lot of these options into their price.  

To be fair, you do get a free trailer when you buy a malibu  

7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

the wave is worth waiting for......they said....the time flies by in the 25....they said... 

Time-flies.jpg

I would be pretty disappointed if BU didn’t do anything to improve fill and empty times. Other manufacturers like Supra have two pumps for each rear. I love the wave on the 25 but it feels like an eternity when filling and draining. The fill times wouldn’t keep me from buying another 25 but surely they are aware of the time. As it has been talked about before at the factory level it wouldn’t take hardly any effort to plumb in another pump or have a larger pump with greater diameter hoses that pushes more water. 

4 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

I would be pretty disappointed if BU didn’t do anything to improve fill and empty times. Other manufacturers like Supra have two pumps for each rear. I love the wave on the 25 but it feels like an eternity when filling and draining. The fill times wouldn’t keep me from buying another 25 but surely they are aware of the time. As it has been talked about before at the factory level it wouldn’t take hardly any effort to plumb in another pump or have a larger pump with greater diameter hoses that pushes more water. 

New for 2020 - Faster fill time option - $2500.00 w/ free wireless charging.  

You heard it here first.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, JeffK said:

Do we know if the power seat is standard now?  It might be that to have a power raising seat, with swivel and such, may require some additional hardware.  Additionally, didn't they open up the seat to be able to turn your body around without having to turn the whole seat?

I was told the power seat is standard on all of the big pickle fork boats, but that could just mean that the dealer orders them all that way. 

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

It just amazes me that 3 pairs of cleats is $500 msrp. 

I’m not sure if you are complimenting the price or complaining about it. A Malibu cleat from Bake’s is $80 so $480 for six. $20 in labor to install them seems pretty damn fair to me....

To those complaining about option prices. Yeah I get a lot of them seem like they should be standard but all that means is it will be built into the base msrp. Who cares if $450 shows up as a line item for a swivel drivers seat, you have the option to not select it. I know 99% of people will but now the 1% who doesn’t want it can not get it. I personally prefer having an option for everything unlike in cara where sometimes you have to step up to a high end trim package just to get a sunroof or something like that. Car companies force you into packages that are super expensive for a few things that people want and maybe they are getting a lot of things that they didn’t care about.

And if you don’t like the price of an option, guess what... ready? You don’t have to check the box!

12 hours ago, D_Turner said:

A good wireless charger with an iPhone X...(this has no reflection of how the Malibu system does as I have not seen one in person)

23% Battery - start of charging cycle

54% Battery - 1 hour on charger

86% Battery - 2 hours on charger

97% Battery - 2.5 hours on charger

100% Battery - 2hrs 53 mins on charger

As I have said else where, if you put your phone in the phone holder in the sport dash while driving and during your normal day on the lake I think the wireless charging is great.  Wires are annoying to me while in the captains chair so a sport dash with charging is well worth it to me.  Wireless charging else where in the boat.......probably not as much of a benefit.  So this really only helps the boat captain.  The other passengers in the boat, especially kids, are handling their phones much more frequently.  Maybe if you converted some cup holders to wireless chargers then maybe?

The iphone X is substantially slower than the Xs XsMax Xr and any android phone

I didn’t know anything about these boats at all, just that I wanted one I could afford. They almost sold me a boat without cleats because I I didn’t ask for them I mistakenly thought I would get standard non pull out cleats.  Asked them why they ordered me a boat without cleats which sort of makes life on water impossible , response was not every one wants them . I asked why they didn’t even ask me, no answer

when I finally figured out that they ordered me a boat without any cleats I said provide them in the current deal or send me my $10000 down payment back, got the cleats free!! And it was the last two days they could be added during build at factory, whew cause I wanted the boat not my money back

no I don’t think my bypassed price of $240 dollars for two pair was a problem , nor do I think 500 fir three is that big of an issue , but a boat with no cleats ??? Ridiculous 

snd aren’t they including the v drive pylon with the cleats in that price??

Edited by granddaddy55
14 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Ballast, wedge, surfgate - all options on Bu as well.  

are they still using 500mA usb ports everywhere? i agree if they dont step up the power to 3A then its hard to get a good fast charge

13 hours ago, D_Turner said:

A good wireless charger with an iPhone X...(this has no reflection of how the Malibu system does as I have not seen one in person)

23% Battery - start of charging cycle

54% Battery - 1 hour on charger

86% Battery - 2 hours on charger

97% Battery - 2.5 hours on charger

100% Battery - 2hrs 53 mins on charger

As I have said else where, if you put your phone in the phone holder in the sport dash while driving and during your normal day on the lake I think the wireless charging is great.  Wires are annoying to me while in the captains chair so a sport dash with charging is well worth it to me.  Wireless charging else where in the boat.......probably not as much of a benefit.  So this really only helps the boat captain.  The other passengers in the boat, especially kids, are handling their phones much more frequently.  Maybe if you converted some cup holders to wireless chargers then maybe?

i suggest just adding large charging pads under all the flat spots near cup holders and driver dash , pocket etc.. seems easier, i HATE all the darn cords around the boats and they ALWAYS get ripped out / damaged etc.. 

17 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

ive never used my cleats and ive never used a vdrive pylon since owning a house on the lake and lift and not pulling tubers =D

That sorta makes sense as long as you never tie up to the dock to gas  up, put it on mooring whips etc.

13 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

i suggest just adding large charging pads under all the flat spots near cup holders and driver dash , pocket etc.. seems easier, i HATE all the darn cords around the boats and they ALWAYS get ripped out / damaged etc.. 

Cheetos on the seats are ok but no wires????? sorry had to poke fun ;) 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

That sorta makes sense as long as you never tie up to the dock to gas  up, put it on mooring whips etc.

I never had cleats until my '18. Was never an issue for me. I tied up with the d-rings for several years at my dock (4 piling setup). Eventually got a hoist, and for the once or twice a year I tied up at the ice cream dock, I utilized the tower, d-rings or grab handles and it was never an issue. I wasn't planning on getting cleats on my '18, but was talked into it for resale. I have used them once to secure a giant floating mat to my sundeck, and once to tie up at a restaurant for breakfast. It wasn't a #gamechanger for me. If they weren't there, I would have figured out something else.... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

ive never used my cleats and ive never used a vdrive pylon since owning a house on the lake and lift and not pulling tubers =D

1 hour ago, Raimie said:

I never had cleats until my '18. Was never an issue for me. I tied up with the d-rings for several years at my dock (4 piling setup). Eventually got a hoist, and for the once or twice a year I tied up at the ice cream dock, I utilized the tower, d-rings or grab handles and it was never an issue. I wasn't planning on getting cleats on my '18, but was talked into it for resale. I have used them once to secure a giant floating mat to my sundeck, and once to tie up at a restaurant for breakfast. It wasn't a #gamechanger for me. If they weren't there, I would have figured out something else.... 

The '18 has indentations in the fiberglass so it really looks a little off without the cleats.  Not sure why they did this but I wish I had ordered the 3rd set in front.  Plus its more weigh up front (haha j/k)

12 hours ago, ID AX said:

New for 2020 - Faster fill time option - $2500.00 w/ free wireless charging.  

You heard it here first.  

I'm sure its coming since Mastercraft already has it. You shot a little low though 😅

9ZWkn6n.png

50 minutes ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I'm sure its coming since Mastercraft already has it. You shot a little low though 😅

9ZWkn6n.png

its a simple fix: need to have my dealer do it this winter since its being stored there this year...ran out of room! err..  add 2 extra fill pumps near v-drive, 2 extra drain pumps to bottom of bags (will need custom WM bags with extra ports) if from factory i think they could easily add these pumps to the hard tanks and keep same WM (normal bags) i'll be curious what the speeds are for one larger pump like the M vs 2 smaller pumps? i think we could get fill times down to 30sec if you could hook up to that bow thruster pump! probably explode the tanks and bags ha! 

only issue i'll have is probably having to install relays for the added pumps. not sure if the standard fuse will handle 2 pumps (maybe) but also the wires going to the back of the boat are under-sized for a single pump let alone two pumps. so i figure add relays and run short wires from relay direct to pump to reduce voltage drop to the pumps. (probably not a big deal) but if re-wiring might as well make it easy for replacements with some quick connects off the relays for easy replacements. 

4 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Full disclosure, my knockers aren't in a bunch.

@IXFE

You didn't have those when we met in Madison a few years back man... something you wanna tell us?

And for some reason I can't delete a tag in a quote.  Sorry @IXFE

• Like 3
2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

The '18 has indentations in the fiberglass so it really looks a little off without the cleats.  Not sure why they did this but I wish I had ordered the 3rd set in front.  Plus its more weigh up front (haha j/k)

Thanks for the reminder. That is actually what pushed me to getting them. On the '18 T22, it would look strange without them as there are flats where the cleats go:werule: