Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV
24 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

it's PCM tho, not crusader?

Good question. I’d assume crusader since that’s what axis and the response has. I’ll know for sure the end of July :) 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

Probably will be the same engine options as Centurion and Nautique. 

The H5 and H6 are both DI.

I’m 99% sure the H5 isn’t offered. My build sheet says “6.0 410” and that was the base engine. Not sure what the upgraded engines are though. 

I believe the H6 would be considered the 450. I believe that’s the L86 DI 6.2L.

I don’t think the 6.0 would be a DI engine. I think that’s the old L96 that’s been offered for a while. Perhaps the same engine that comes as the base engine in Axis.

Edited by boardjnky4
ahopkins22LSV
15 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I believe the H6 would be considered the 450. I believe that’s the L86 DI 6.2L.

I don’t think the 6.0 would be a DI engine. I think that’s the old L96 that’s been offered for a while. Perhaps the same engine that comes as the base engine in Axis.

My understanding is that it’s the L96. Like I said it’s a tried and true power plant. I’m happy that’s what I’m getting.

5 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

If the reason is that the Malibu engines aren’t ready, then good for malibu for not just putting them in anyway. We have seen how that works, ie the powerstroke 6.0. 

Who knows what the reasoning is or what Indmar and Malibu have discussed. Who knows maybe Indmar told Malibu to pound sand...

I for one am pumped for the PCM 6.0 even if it is just a one year run. It’s not like it’s like the one year rub of the marine power 450. The pcm 6.0 is tried and true and an awesome power plant. 

Is there an issue with the ford blocks compared to gm?

I know PCM is supposed to be awesome. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

My understanding is that it’s the L96. Like I said it’s a tried and true power plant. I’m happy that’s what I’m getting.

100% agreed. I’d rather have a PCM powered Boat than a first year model Malibu power plant.

ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Is there an issue with the ford blocks compared to gm?

I know PCM is supposed to be awesome. 

No real issue, just personal preference. I do my own maintenance and the GM engine is just more user friendly. It’s a smaller package, only has 8 plugs instead of 16 so less cost there. It should be quieter as well. 

• Like 2

Might still be on the 19s.. the real 19s made in 19..late or mid year launch, seems like there are always a few tweaks on early build models vs later ones.. it will be interesting for sure

ahopkins22LSV

I believe the dealer meetings are this week from some of the pro’s posts on instagram. So hopefully official releases are coming this week. If you look closely in IG you can see a few things too.

New or refreshed 25 LSV, and new 22LSV.  Doesn't appear to have any walk through like the 2018 LSV.  

New interior colors for Axis/Malibu.  

Axis seems to have a new captains chair.  Looks to be a phone holder on the dash as well.  I think they have more tower colors, but could be wrong on that.  

New GX Tower.  Power fold.  See it on Instagram: www.instagram.com/lakehopatcongmarine

Edited by saxton15
42 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

New GX Tower.  Power fold.  See it on Instagram: www.instagram.com/lakehopatcongmarine

NVM, NWBU posted it.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

Just noticing this now but the vinyl pattern on the 25 looks odd doesn't it?  Maybe once it flips out it lines up?

Conversely, the Axis lines are bang on.  The interiors on both the A22 and T23 look phenomenal. 

Just now, UWSkier said:

The lines on these newer boats...  TXi included...  <insert barf emoji>

I agree... I miss when a Bu was hands down the best looking boats on the water. The new 25 is almost laughable to me. 

• Like 2