Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Okay, who knows what?! Spill the beans! I have suddenly become very interested in the 2019 boats...

I think we will see the Malibu marinized engines for 2019, but I haven't heard any confirmation on that.

I would also think we would see some of the 3 remaining 3 piece boats because the new manufacturing style of the 2 piece "tub". The VLX was last redesigned in 2015 so I bet that is happening for sure. VTX and 25 LSV were both 2016, so that would seem early to me, but who knows.

I also and feeling a new Axis model... T20? Axis's crossover boat? 

• Like 3

I think we will get the GM plants in the 23 LSV.  My guess is part of them not going with a 17" prop on the redesigned 23 LSV (in 2018) was all the re-engineering of motor mounts, struts, etc.. only to do it again in 2019 when they changed the power plant.  

Agree ... I think the VLX will probably get updated  to follow the path of the 23 LSV.

• Like 2

When I went on the tour of the factory this year they were already making their engines in a different building. Tried to go sneak a look but they weren't having it. Not sure about updates on certain boats.

Just now, 23LSVOwner said:

Malibu engines will be seen.

I did hear that they may not be rolled out across the entire line up in 2019.  Some may be mid-year or 2020.  Not sure of how true that is .. but heard it from a Malibu rep at the Baltimore boat show.

1 hour ago, pauley71 said:

I did hear that they may not be rolled out across the entire line up in 2019.  Some may be mid-year or 2020.  Not sure of how true that is .. but heard it from a Malibu rep at the Baltimore boat show.

My sources confirm that as well.

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Subscribed.    I swore I wouldn't do a first year Malibu engine, but 2019 could be a good time for an upgrade.  

This isn’t just a quick change for them. They have been working on it for years. I’m not too worried about. The engines themselves are proven in the automotive industry and boating. If anything I just see a programming update. If that. 

I know, I know.  I am just continually amazed at how poor the stereos are for the price and apply that to engines - two things that really aren’t the core of what Malibu traditionally has done. 

Wake, towers, hull design, cabin layout, etc. are their wheelhouse.  Even bringing in outside experts doesn’t make your company proficient in whatever outside expert is good at.  It may, but it certainly doesn’t guarantee it.  

10 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Okay, who knows what?! Spill the beans! I have suddenly become very interested in the 2019 boats...

I think we will see the Malibu marinized engines for 2019, but I haven't heard any confirmation on that.

I would also think we would see some of the 3 remaining 3 piece boats because the new manufacturing style of the 2 piece "tub". The VLX was last redesigned in 2015 so I bet that is happening for sure. VTX and 25 LSV were both 2016, so that would seem early to me, but who knows.

I also and feeling a new Axis model... T20? Axis's crossover boat? 

I haven’t personally heard anything, but since you suddenly became interested in the 2019’s does that mean your VTX is behind schedule?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Badger said:

I just heard the 2019 VTX hull is being redesigned into the shape of a tri-toon with big outboard motor.  The ski wake is a bit wider, but nice and flat.  I was able to capture a couple of spy shots of the development work.

PS.  Also heard Malibu eliminated any shade of blue from the color lineup.

LakeFun_Tritoon_skiingaerial-300x169.jpg

LakeFun_2.jpg

Ouch. So cold haha!

• Like 2

Can someone remind me when they shut down production of 18's and start producing 19's?  Also, does anyone have any intel on potential changes to the 24 MXZ for 2019?

34 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Can someone remind me when they shut down production of 18's and start producing 19's?  Also, does anyone have any intel on potential changes to the 24 MXZ for 2019?

It is my understanding that in most cases, the Hull Identification Number (HIN), will tell you the month, year and model year of the boat.   Normally, the last four characters of the HIN will tell you the month and year boat was built, and the model year of the boat.  Of the last four characters, the first character (normally a letter) will tell you the month in the form of A - Jan, B - Feb, C - Mar, etc.  Next, the next character (number) will tell you the last number of the year (e.g., 9 for 2019).  The third and fourth last characters (usually numbers) will tell you the model year.  I believe July (G) is the cutoff for model years.  So, if the last four characters are "H920", the boat was built in August (H) of 2019, and is considered a 2020 model year boat. 

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

I emailed them yesterday regarding a tour this summer, and they responded saying they are closed from July 2 - 9th, 2018. 

Edited by bbattiste247

Interesting, I was just told by my dealer that Malibu is no longer taking orders on 2018's but I could get an early production slot on a 19'.  Does that sound right to everyone?

Also, any news on changes for the 2019's?  I did her that there might some additional interior color options similar to Mastercraft and Nautique.

ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, Chappy said:

Interesting, I was just told by my dealer that Malibu is no longer taking orders on 2018's but I could get an early production slot on a 19'.  Does that sound right to everyone?

Also, any news on changes for the 2019's?  I did her that there might some additional interior color options similar to Mastercraft and Nautique.

Yes. They are booked for their remaining 2018 build slots. Dealers can’t get in the system to order a 2019 yet but should be able to early June. That is what we are doing now. 

On 5/9/2018 at 7:02 PM, Badger said:

I just heard the 2019 VTX hull is being redesigned into the shape of a tri-toon with big outboard motor.  The ski wake is a bit wider, but nice and flat.  I was able to capture a couple of spy shots of the development work.

PS.  Also heard Malibu eliminated any shade of blue from the color lineup.

LakeFun_Tritoon_skiingaerial-300x169.jpg

LakeFun_2.jpg

And your only engine choice is a Chrysler outboard

I heard they scrapped the 25 and slapped another 2ft on and cut the mold down the  center and widened it to 10ft and yacht certified it.  Im trying to reserve a build slot..