Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing a 94 Echelon

Skiers Pier wants like $250 to winterize my boat plus an additional $7/square foot to clean the bottom of the boat, then $7/sq ft to shrink wrap.

Isn't there an easier way to winterize my own boat? What exactly would i need to do? It will be stored outside on it's trailer... I have put about 15 hours on my boat due to how late in the season i got it finctional in the water... Only thing.... i dont know what they did to the boat when they got it in as it was a Brokerage boat....so i dont know when the last maintainence was done on anything.... (total hours is now at ~145 hrs)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... anyone in this area i can pay less to winterize or help me winterize my boat if i cant do it all myself?

Only thing.... i dont know what they did to the boat when they got it in as it was a Brokerage boat....

When who got the boat in? Can you find out what was done previously?

At any rate, you probably will want to go through the winterize/annual service routine. From there you will have a baseline for future service. You can do anything or nothing yourself--depends on how handy you are vs. willingness to spend the cash.

For detailed info you can download a manual from Indmar or buy the Clymer service book. Also, do a search on this site for winterize, winterization, blah, blah and see what helps you out.

Best of luck with her.

It's the price we gladly pay for being free of venomous snakes, spiders, etc, etc. wise-a$$.

Ahh, yes....and the sound of snow blowers and the months where it seems you never will see the sun again!!!! Whats a few snakes???? (actually, it's the roaches....they can REALLLY get big down here Cry.gif ). I'll take the weather here over the winters there.

Meb,

Buy this book and do it yourself. It's basically draining the engine block, and adding some fuel stabilizer. I don't know why you'd need to clean the bottom of your boat (unless it's yellowed or something from brackish water) and, do you really need to shrink wrap it?

http://www.amazon.com/Indmar-1983-2003-Cly...2752830?ie=UTF8

Here's the crew's winterization list

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....;page=checklist

Edited by Pistol Pete

It's the price we gladly pay for being free of venomous snakes, spiders, etc, etc. wise-a$$.

actually, it's the roaches....they can REALLLY get big down here Cry.gif ).

Roaches? What are those?

:lol:

That doesn't matter. The winterizing is still the same. The only major difference with your engine is the real pain in the arse it is to change the raw water impeller. That book on Amazon would still be good to have and it has a whole chapter on winterizing and fitting out.

p.s. don't forget to read the reviews of the book on Amazon and leave a feedback.