Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Modifying Audio System - Help Requested

TexasAg98

Ok, so I started this a couple years ago, but then life got in the way. Finally getting back to modifying the stereo system on my boat. 2008 Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV. I am going to hold off on the sub and its amp for this year due to budget and add them next year. Below is what I have and what I'm planning on doing, along with some questions. I have looked through this forum and found some answers, but appologize if my questions below have already been answered on here somewhere.

I'm sure there will be more, but this is what I can think of now.

Equipment:

Questions:

1. Do I need to run a new power and ground directly from the distro blocks to the switch? Or are there already power and ground wires under the helm I can tap off of?
  2. Is the REM wire on the 420 an output signal? In other words, would I run from that REM wire on the 420 to the REM turn on on the AMPs? If not, what would I run over to the REM turn on on the AMPs?
  3. Since I am not running a HU, will anything go into the RCA ports for the "MAIN" on the 420?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

There should be power and ground under the helm you can hook to for the 420bt

The blue wire is an output remote turn on, so yes, run to the amps

Nothing will plug into the "main" since your using the 420bt as your source.

2 hours ago, TexasAg98 said:

Do I need to run a new power and ground directly from the distro blocks to the switch?

no. The EQ simply needs a turn-on from the switch.

2 hours ago, TexasAg98 said:

Since I am not running a HU, will anything go into the RCA ports for the "MAIN" on the 420?

You could run dual inputs if you wanted. One in main and the 2nd in AUX. 

is the REM wire on the 420 an output signal?

no. 

Edited by MLA