Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu 23 LSV

Chanlo

Hi Everyone

Looking to buy a second hand Malibu 23 LSV with Indmar Monsoon 350hp 5.7L.   I am a avid wakesurfing and wanting to buy my own.  I have been riding a air Nautique 230 and enjoying the clean wake that has length and and height   

I am am wondering how the 2013  Malibu lsv is and can you set it up for a nice wakesurfing wake?   And how?

I had a 2013 LSV, mine did have the 450.

I ran full stock ballast, with 750's in the rear lockers, 1000 triangle bag in the bow, and 200 or so under the port seats helped me clean up the regular wave, and couple clicks on the wedge, 11.2 - 11.6 mph.

I felt it was a decent wave.

@racer21 thanks for that.  Do you think having a 350 vs a 450 will make a difference to the wake.  looking for a wake with enough push, enough height and enough length.   Thanks

I can't really speak on the 350 vs 450, as I never used or rode in a 350.   But as long as you can get to surf speed, I don't believe there would be a difference in the wave.   I had the 450, with a 2315 prop, and was close to sea level, I never had any issue getting to speed regardless the amount of ballast I had.

The best wave I had was using the set up above, but also had a 750 in the walk way and 800 floor bag.   IMO it was too much weight, it was real easy to take water over the front, but the wave was great.   There are some good threads about setting ballast and such on the forum if you do a search.

This one talks of the 350... 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Racer21 said:

I had a 2013 LSV, mine did have the 450.

I ran full stock ballast, with 750's in the rear lockers, 1000 triangle bag in the bow, and 200 or so under the port seats helped me clean up the regular wave, and couple clicks on the wedge, 11.2 - 11.6 mph.

I felt it was a decent wave.

I have a similar set up in my 13 lsv. Except I have an 1100 in the rear port locker and a 315 in the coffin port side. I have the 410hp with 2315, and it's fine with 5-6 people on board, any more than that and it struggles a bit. We surf around 10.4-10.8. The wake is pretty big tbh.

2010 with a 350 with a 1235 prop on the same hull. 5 adults, full MLS, surf side 1100 @ 950 ish I am guessing and a full 750 in the bow with a suck gate. For skim boards with the wedge deployed with 0-1 click up at 10.8 mph I see between 2900-3100 rpm depending on the current. For surf style boards with max wedge 4-5 clicks up at 11.2 mph I am seeing between 3250-3300 rpm. I have never had a problem or felt concerned about a lack of power with the 350 and the 1235. Sent the oil to Blackstone Labs last winter. At 890 hours they said it looked outstanding so the lack of cu inches has not been an issue it seems. 

Edited by wdr