Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maiden Voyage 2017 23 LSV, questions

guitarcrazy

We put about 3.5 hours on the boat yesterday.  First impressions are this is going to be a great summer.  Things I have noticed:

wakeboard wake is much smoother than my MB.  The MB had a massive wake but had a rampy lip that was jarring when you hit it.  Definitely threw you off if you weren't ready.  It would kick you high though.  On The intermediate profile wake was buttery smooth, take off and landing.  I didn't get as much height though.  How do you guys set up the wedge and ballast to wakeboard?  

The right rear ballast is reading 100% all the time.  Sensor is sticking I guess.  Any easy solution for that? 

Touch input on the Viper screen is laggy.  Anyone else have this issue?  When I make a new profile I finish a word on the keypad and the screen is just putting in first letter as I type the last. 

Is there a way to instantly kill zones on the audio panel?  I can go into the mixer and click up or down arrows but it is tedious and time consuming.  When we aren't boarding or surfing it would be nice to kill the tower speakers so we aren't blasting the rest of the lake.  Thanks for the help.  

20180506_121716-01.jpeg

20180504_170524.jpg

Edited by guitarcrazy

For boarding, play with putting the wedge down more.  It increases the peak of the wake.   My buddies that ride Nautique like that I can duplicate their abrupt wake with enough wedge. 

Sorry, I'm not much help on the other questions.  Good looking boat!

Edited by hethj7

For zones, if you're in the mixer screen you can select a specific zone then use the knob to adjust that zone for quicker adjustment. When in the mixer screen by pushing the zone button on the bottom left you can chose specific zones.

I had the front sensor stuck on mine at delivery and turns out the connection was loose.  My touch screen shows immediate response on everything except when typing a name for a preset, it has a slight lag time. 

Thanks for the replies.  I will try using the volume knob on the zones this weekend.  I guess I will have the dealer look at the ballast sensor at the 20 hour service.  J