Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP - Captain's Seat Removal

jammer

I'm hopeful to install a 4" riser under the Captain's seat (purchased from tsbilletparts off ebay) -- but I am stumped on how to remove it -- any tips?  Do you have to remove the bolster to get at the seat, to then have access to the swivel, and work down top to bottom?  Or is there a way to unbolt (unscrew) the swivel platform itself? 

2015 Wakesetter 23LSV

PM Sent.  Should be a little trap door on the front.  Unscrew the 6 screws, and it'll give you a little 'door' area.  Inside there you can undo the 4 bolts holding the seat onto the boat fiberglass.  Put in the riser, and re-assemble in reverse.  @oldjeep has some awesome pics in this thread: 

Good luck!

Thanks @Sixer!  I saw that 2014 post this afternoon from @oldjeep and came home excited to install the new riser.  It was just as you noted.  Everything installed correctly, and props to @thejean 

for the tip on the need for 4 1/2" washers -- since the OEM washers that come from Malibu won't fit in the space allotted by the riser.  Looking forward to seeing over the bow during surf sets without the need of the bolster.

Gotta luv TMC